Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Calendar Extender Problem

Calendar Extender Problem

Steve Blain

Hi,
I am using a calendar extender with a masked edit validator and masked
editextender that provides a dropdown calendar and a text box for date entry.
On the same page there are other other textboxes in the area where the
calendar control appears. When the calendar control pops up the other
textboxes get intermingled with the calendar control and you cannot pick a
date. I saw a suggestion that this was a z-index issue but I haven't been
able to solve the problem. I am using IE6 on this development machine.

Steve Blain

Munna

On Jun 25, 1:01*am, Steve Blain <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using a calendar extender with a masked edit validator and masked
> editextender that provides a dropdown calendar and a text box for date entry.
> On the same page there are other other textboxes *in the area where the
> calendar control appears. *When the calendar control pops up the other
> textboxes get intermingled with the calendar control and you cannot pick a
> date. *I saw a suggestion that this was a z-index issue but I haven't been
> able to solve the problem. *I am using IE6 on this development machine. *
>
> Steve Blain

Hi
IE 6 has this problem...
its with dhtml layer or div popup..

IE 7 and Firefox don't have this problem

Previously in ie 6 i did write a javascript to hide all the
dropdow when event a calender popup appear... and make then visible
again when popup is gone

Best of luck

Munna
www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.shatkotha.com

Steve Blain

I didn't find any different results with FireFox.
--
Steve Blain

"Munna" wrote:

> On Jun 25, 1:01 am, Steve Blain <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am using a calendar extender with a masked edit validator and masked
> > editextender that provides a dropdown calendar and a text box for date entry.
> > On the same page there are other other textboxes in the area where the
> > calendar control appears. When the calendar control pops up the other
> > textboxes get intermingled with the calendar control and you cannot pick a
> > date. I saw a suggestion that this was a z-index issue but I haven't been
> > able to solve the problem. I am using IE6 on this development machine.
> >
> > Steve Blain

> Hi
> IE 6 has this problem...
> its with dhtml layer or div popup..
>
> IE 7 and Firefox don't have this problem
>
> Previously in ie 6 i did write a javascript to hide all the
> dropdow when event a calender popup appear... and make then visible
> again when popup is gone
>
> Best of luck
>
> Munna
> www.munna.shatkotha.com
> www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
> www.shatkotha.com

Calendar Extender problem David C ASP .Net 0 08-17-2009 09:01 PM
Calendar extender George ASP .Net 1 07-01-2008 08:51 PM
AJAX Calendar extender issue Abhilash ASP .Net 2 06-14-2008 01:13 AM
Formatting Calendar Extender Wannabe ASP .Net 2 02-12-2008 01:22 PM
Ajax calendar extender appears behind dropdown list BillE ASP .Net 4 04-18-2007 07:41 PM

Advertisments