Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IE 7 Losing Back Button History

IE 7 Losing Back Button History

Donn Morrill

Hi,
We have developed a reporting system using .NET 2.0 data grids. It supports
drill-down reports via LinkButtons and column sorting via standard datagrid
events. Our problem is that after some random combination of drill-downs and
column sorts, the back button in IE 7 loses it's history and goes gray. I can
clearly see the page trail in the Explorer Bar->History window but, for some
reason, the back button will occasionally freak out and go gray. Any
help/pointers would be appreciated.

Client running on XP SP2 with IE 7.0.5730.13 but I've seen this happen on
other flavors of IE also.

As a note, we cannot reproduce this bug in FF or Safari.

TIA,
Donn

--
Donn Morrill