Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Shock on Internet banking on ANZ

Re: Shock on Internet banking on ANZ

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "Nighthawk" typed:
> ANZ have just rehashed their site. I went to do my Internet banking
> with Opera, as I always do, but kept getting a session expired page.
> I had updated Opera to the latest, 9.5. So I tried Firefox 2.0.0.14
> (in 98SE) and got the same. Checking ANZ's recommended software I was
> shocked that they recommend ancient IE 5.5, Firefox 1, Netscape 7 and
> Safari (?). Does ANZ take security seriously? One wouldn't think so.
>
> In the end I had to do the banking with IE6 (shudder). Had to give it
> temporary firewall permission.
>
> Needless to say I gave them a lecture about secure browsers.

Thank God I don't bank with ANZ!
--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

anonk

~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Nighthawk" typed:
>> ANZ have just rehashed their site. I went to do my Internet banking
>> with Opera, as I always do, but kept getting a session expired page.
>> I had updated Opera to the latest, 9.5. So I tried Firefox 2.0.0.14
>> (in 98SE) and got the same. Checking ANZ's recommended software I was
>> shocked that they recommend ancient IE 5.5, Firefox 1, Netscape 7 and
>> Safari (?). Does ANZ take security seriously? One wouldn't think so.
>>
>> In the end I had to do the banking with IE6 (shudder). Had to give it
>> temporary firewall permission.
>>
>> Needless to say I gave them a lecture about secure browsers.

> Thank God I don't bank with ANZ!

Sounds like something that a newspaper journalist might like to hear
about. Or your own chain-letter campaign.