Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > about image rotating

about image rotating

Michael

Hello all, how could I rotate a server side image in asp.net and show it in
web page? Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski

Well, I'm not going to write the whole function for you, but you basically
need to create an *.aspx page that returns an image/gif. In the Load event,
you will simply use the classes in the System.Drawing namespace to rotate
it. If you have never created an *.aspx that returns an image/gif, you
basically use the Save() method of a Bitmap to output the image to the
Response.OutputStream like the following:

mybitmap.Save(Response.OutputStream, ImageFormat.Gif)

I'm not going to going into the other details of the steps you will need to
take, but most of them are reasonably simple, and if you can find a good
website I think you'll be able to figure it out. Good Luck!
--
Nathan Sokalski
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all, how could I rotate a server side image in asp.net and show it
> in web page? Thanks.

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Michael,

From your description, you're wantting to display some image files(at
server-side) as rotated format on ASP.NET web page, correct?

If so, I think the proper means is use the .NET GDI+ classes to perform
transforming on the certain images. You can generate an rotated image
stream and output it on page(via an httphander or page...)

Here are some good web articles which has introduced some code and examples
on GDI+ image transformation:

#Matrix Transformation of Images in C#, using .NET GDI+
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/GDI-pl...formation.aspx

#Image Transformation in C# with GDI+
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...04121920050548
03AM/Transformations04.aspx

#NET and GDI+: Transforming Images on the Server - Introduction and
Examples, Part II...
http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=115

Also, if you're not familar with emiting image stream via httphandler in
ASP.NET, here are some tech articles on this:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/web-im...umbnailer.aspx

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...rImages1115200
5062705AM/HTTPHandlersForImages.aspx

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(E-Mail Removed).

ications.

--------------------
>From: "Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: about image rotating
>Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:51:42 +0800

>Hello all, how could I rotate a server side image in asp.net and show it

in
>web page? Thanks.

densial

On Jun 24, 3:48 pm, (E-Mail Removed) (Steven Cheng [MSFT])
wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> From your description, you're wantting to display some image files(at
> server-side) as rotated format on ASP.NET web page, correct?
>
> If so, I think the proper means is use the .NET GDI+ classes to perform
> transforming on the certain images. You can generate an rotated image
> stream and output it on page(via an httphander or page...)
>
> Here are some good web articles which has introduced some code and examples
> on GDI+ image transformation:
>
> #Matrix Transformation of Images in C#, using .NET GDI+http://www.codeproject.com/KB/GDI-pl...formation.aspx
>
> #Image Transformation in C# with GDI+http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...mations0412192...
> 03AM/Transformations04.aspx
>
> #NET and GDI+: Transforming Images on the Server - Introduction and
> Examples, Part II...http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=115
>
> Also, if you're not familar with emiting image stream via httphandler in
> ASP.NET, here are some tech articles on this:
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/web-im...umbnailer.aspx
>
> http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...dlersForImages...
> 5062705AM/HTTPHandlersForImages.aspx
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163988.aspx
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steven Cheng
>
> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

> (E-Mail Removed).

> ications.

> Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) athttp://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx.
>
> --------------------

> >From: "Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >Subject: about image rotating
> >Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:51:42 +0800

> >Hello all, how could I rotate a server side image in asp.net and show it

> in
> >web page? Thanks.

if you just want to rotate or flip it by the standard 90/180/270 then
you could try

System.Drawing.Image image =
System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(fileInPath);
image.RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.xxxxx);
image.Save(fileOutPath)

Michael

Thanks to everyone's response and informaton. Image.RotateFlip resolved the
issue.

"densial" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Jun 24, 3:48 pm, (E-Mail Removed) (Steven Cheng [MSFT])
> wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> From your description, you're wantting to display some image files(at
>> server-side) as rotated format on ASP.NET web page, correct?
>>
>> If so, I think the proper means is use the .NET GDI+ classes to perform
>> transforming on the certain images. You can generate an rotated image
>> stream and output it on page(via an httphander or page...)
>>
>> Here are some good web articles which has introduced some code and
>> examples
>> on GDI+ image transformation:
>>
>> #Matrix Transformation of Images in C#, using .NET
>> GDI+http://www.codeproject.com/KB/GDI-pl...formation.aspx
>>
>> #Image Transformation in C# with
>> GDI+http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...mations0412192...
>> 03AM/Transformations04.aspx
>>
>> #NET and GDI+: Transforming Images on the Server - Introduction and
>> Examples, Part II...http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=115
>>
>> Also, if you're not familar with emiting image stream via httphandler in
>> ASP.NET, here are some tech articles on this:
>>
>> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/web-im...umbnailer.aspx
>>
>> http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...dlersForImages...
>> 5062705AM/HTTPHandlersForImages.aspx
>>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163988.aspx
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Steven Cheng
>>
>> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
>>
>> Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments and
>> Please
>> (E-Mail Removed).

>> ications.

>> issues
>> follow
>> professional working with you may need further investigation to reach the
>> most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for situations
>> project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are best
>> handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by contacting
>> Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS)
>> rights.
>>
>> --------------------

>> >From: "Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> >Subject: about image rotating
>> >Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:51:42 +0800

>> >Hello all, how could I rotate a server side image in asp.net and show it

>> in
>> >web page? Thanks.

> if you just want to rotate or flip it by the standard 90/180/270 then
> you could try
>
> System.Drawing.Image image =
> System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(fileInPath);
> image.RotateFlip(RotateFlipType.xxxxx);
> image.Save(fileOutPath)

Simple question: How to retain file size after just rotating image Yong Huang Digital Photography 2 02-25-2008 10:00 PM
Jmagick and rotating image. bob Java 0 02-16-2007 11:45 AM
Jmagick and rotating image. bob Java 0 02-16-2007 11:45 AM
In Picasa2, Is Rotating A Vertical JPEG Image Lossy Or Lossless? Morton Linder Digital Photography 24 09-21-2005 01:19 PM
rotating an image mark | r HTML 4 07-02-2003 10:42 PM

Advertisments