Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > urgent opening for Web Developer with direct client in SanFrancisco,CA

urgent opening for Web Developer with direct client in SanFrancisco,CA

prachi

Hi,
We are looking for Web Developer for our direct client in San
Francisco,CA. This is a contract for 3months with extension.

Please send us your candidates resume with his current location and
asking rate. We prefer candidates local to bay area,CA

Below is the Job Description for the Web Developer position:

Engagement Type:
Contract

Short Description:
We are looking for a result-oriented, proactive, and creative
individual to be part of our strong software engineering team.

Complete Description:
We are looking for a result-oriented, proactive, and creative
individual to be part of our strong software engineering team. This
individual will play an active role in all aspects of front end
development, from functional walkthroughs, technical designs, and
implementations to release. Requires 4+ years of web development/
programming experience, using Hand-coded HTML and CSS, JSP, XSL/XSLT
and Javascript. We are looking for someone with excellent written and
verbal communication skills. Knowledge and skills to code for cross-
browser compatibility are essential.
Core Responsibilities:

Design and document front-end projects of various scope
Build and maintain the presentation layer of our company.
Participate in code reviews of other developers' work
Provide technical assistance to engineers, designers, managers as
required
Builds and maintains some of our automated newsletters
May need to interface with 3rd parties on technical designs and
issues
Present technical issues and their business impact to management
Develop and maintain new "Web 2.0" features that will change the way
users book travel.
Work closely with Online Marketing teams, coordinating projects, and
communicating technical issues using non technical language.

Behavior Characteristics:
TOP 3 PRIORITIES: 1. Result-oriented, proactive & creative. 2. Play an
active role in all aspects of front end development. 3. 4+ years of
web dev/programming experience, using Hand coded HTML & CSS, JSP, XSL/
XSLT & Java.

Required / Desired Skills

Skill

Required / Desired

Amount of Experience

Expertise Rating

Hand-coded XHTML, JSP, CSS, XML, XSL, Javascript

Required

Ability to write coherent code & follow established coding style
guideline

Required

Experience with Velocity Template Language (VTL) is a huge plus

Required

Strong plus: Struts (including Tiles) dev, PERL or other scripting
language

Required

Knowledge of Content Management System

Required

Exp w/Object Oriented Javascript, JS Libraries (particularlyYUI), and
Ajax

Required

Image and flash editing skills are a plus, but not required

Required

Java incl using APIs (familiarity w/fund. classes:util, date, string)

Required

Experience with UI widget development a plus

Required

Excellent verbal and written skills

Required

Ability to comm complex ideas & design & document projects clearly

Required

Please send resumes to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Thanks ,
Prachi Pandey
Technical Recruiter
Zenex Partners Inc
4633 Old Ironside Drive, Suite 308
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: 408-748-0075 x19 | Fax: 408-649-5280