Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Computer policy processing

Computer policy processing

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dFJpZGQ=?=

Hello,

I am in the process of setting Wireless up in one of our remote sites. All
of the clients are XP SP2 with a mix of Laptop & Desktop.
I have managed to get the laptops authenticating & processing computer
policy's, but on the desktops keep getting an unable to contact the dc error
in the event log. The machines are using the same wpa key & access point. The
Toshiba laptops have built in cards, the desktops have cisco aironet cards in
them.
There is a DC in the remote site, would that need to be upgraded to 2003?

Thanks,

Matt

Jeff Baziuk [MSFT]

Hi Matt,

You first need to ensure that each of your clients' wireless adapters
support WPA. To do this please open up the network connections fold (type
ncpa.cpl in the run box to open). From there... right click on the wireless
network adapter and click properties. Next choose the wireless networks
tab. Under preferred networks click add... This will bring you to the
association page. Click the Network Authentication drop down list. If your
adapters support WPA you will see WPA and WPA-PSK as options. I hope this
helps get you going in the right direction.

--
Jeff Baziuk
Microsoft Corporation

and confers no rights.