Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Rebel 450 memory meter

Canon Rebel 450 memory meter

ransley

How do I access the memory meter to see total shots taken on a Rebel

ransley

On Jun 23, 10:00*am, Shawn Hirn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> *ransley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > How do I access the memory meter to see total shots taken on a Rebel
> > 450

> I have a Rebel 450, but I don't see anything in the manual or on Canon's
> web site that answers your question. If I were so inclined, I would go
> tohttp://www.canon.comand open up a service request to ask how to see
> the total shots taken.

I thought it was an easily accesable feature, especialy needed when
buying used cameras

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? "ransley" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Jun 23, 10:00 am, Shawn Hirn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> ransley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > How do I access the memory meter to see total shots taken on a Rebel
> > 450

> I have a Rebel 450, but I don't see anything in the manual or on Canon's
> web site that answers your question. If I were so inclined, I would go
> tohttp://www.canon.comand open up a service request to ask how to see
> the total shots taken.

I thought it was an easily accesable feature, especialy needed when
buying used cameras
<end quote>
Isn't that supposed to be embedded in the Exif data?

HTH,

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

nospam

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
ransley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > How do I access the memory meter to see total shots taken on a Rebel
> > > 450

> > I have a Rebel 450, but I don't see anything in the manual or on Canon's
> > web site that answers your question. If I were so inclined, I would go
> > tohttp://www.canon.comand open up a service request to ask how to see
> > the total shots taken.

> I thought it was an easily accesable feature, especialy needed when
> buying used cameras

normally it's in the shutter count field in the exif data, but for
whatever reason, canon doesn't write that info it in many of their
cameras. i don't know if the 450 does or not, but if you get exiftool
and dump all of the tags, you can see if it's there or not.

<http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/>