Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > jvmti daemon thread and garbage collection

jvmti daemon thread and garbage collection

teds.tango1@gmail.com

How to make sure that a jvmti agent’s daemon thread does not run
during garbage collection..

I could wake daemonup my daemon on ‘gc_finish’ event - however this
does not guarantee that a new GC will not occur before daemon
finished its run.
I understand, I must not block (on a monitor) the ‘gc thread’ that
is starting a new GC.

Am I missing something or it is just impossible to achieve?
Thank you.
Kind regards,
ted