Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > front end web developer

front end web developer

Joe

What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

Cheers,

Joe.

Els

Joe wrote:

> What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
> CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

Pictures of and links to sites for which you have done the XHTML and
CSS? Per site, explain a little about how you met the client's
requirements for the site.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Joe

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9gcibjvfud30.pdbvru1bfn50$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Joe wrote:
>
>> What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a
>> XHTML
>> CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

> Pictures of and links to sites for which you have done the XHTML and
> CSS? Per site, explain a little about how you met the client's
> requirements for the site.

I don't have a client. My examples will all be uncommercial.

Joe.

Els

Joe wrote:

> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:9gcibjvfud30.pdbvru1bfn50$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Joe wrote:
>>
>>> What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a
>>> XHTML
>>> CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

>> Pictures of and links to sites for which you have done the XHTML and
>> CSS? Per site, explain a little about how you met the client's
>> requirements for the site.

> I don't have a client. My examples will all be uncommercial.

Then I don't see how you can start a portfolio. As far as I know, a
portfolio is a showcase of the work you have done already. Whether
that is commercial work or voluntary stuff done for free, doesn't
matter. So, if it's just the word "client" that doesn't work for you,
read my reply again, and replace the word "client" with "site owner".

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Travis Newbury

On Jun 22, 10:54*am, "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
> CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

So are you looking at adding lies?

Joe

> What would you need to show in a portfolio when going for a job as a XHTML
> CSS front end web developer? I need ideas to put in my portfolio.

So are you looking at adding lies?

No, why do you say that?

Joe.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Joe wrote:

> when going for a job as a XHTML [and] CSS front end web developer?

Are you currently using "X"HTML? Is there a reason?

http://tekrider.net/html/doctype.php

Do you have URLs to some sites you have written?

--
-bts

Joe

> Are you currently using "X"HTML? Is there a reason?

No, its what the company is asking for.

> http://tekrider.net/html/doctype.php

I know of the reasons why it is bad to use XHTML.

> Do you have URLs to some sites you have written?

No, just single page sites.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Joe wrote:

(Beauregard wrote: [please don't snip attributes, thanks])
>> Are you currently using "X"HTML? Is there a reason?

> No, its what the company is asking for.

Ah. Is this a web shop, or a commercial client? If a web shop, tell them
(politely, of course) the error of their ways.

>> http://tekrider.net/html/doctype.php

> I know of the reasons why it is bad to use XHTML.

Feel free to give them the link. <g>

>> Do you have URLs to some sites you have written?

> No, just single page sites.

Well, even one-page sites may qualify for a portfolio - depends on what
they are about, of course. Care to share any of the links?

--
-bts

Travis Newbury

On Jun 22, 1:41*pm, Guy Macon <http://www.GuyMacon.com/> wrote:
> Do it right and it will go a long way to showing that you
> really are a skilled web developer and not some idiot who
> read a "Complete Idiot's Guide For Dummies" book and then
> went into business.

But remember, those complete idiots are the ones making fortune 500
websites. So choose your path wisely...