Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Synchronization between pages?

Synchronization between pages?

CKKwan

1. A user log in to my page.

2. Right click at one of the link and bring up another IE window.

3. The two IE Windows are under the same session.

4. I can access the same session valirables using Page.Session["abc"].

Question:

Can I synchronize them using

lock (Page.Session)
{
Page.Session["abdc"];
}

If not, how?

TIA

Munna

On Jun 22, 2:46*pm, CKKwan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> 1. A user log in to my page.
>
> 2. Right click at one of the link and bring up another IE window.
>
> 3. The two IE Windows are under the same session.
>
> 4. I can access the same session valirables using Page.Session["abc"].
>
> Question:
>
> Can I synchronize them using
>
> lock (Page.Session)
> {
> * * Page.Session["abdc"];
>
> }
>
> If not, how?
>
> TIA

Hi..

"Can I synchronize them?"

session remain in server...

whenever any one change the server keep the last one...

and after change you got use server push/pull method to keep the other
window update...

exactly what is your requirement?

Best of luck

Munna
www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.shatkotha.com

sturyuu5eye@gmail.com

Munna,

Thanks for the reply.

I just wish to Synchronise the access. As I have mentioned earlier,
there will have multiple pages accessing this Session object and I
wish it to be synchronized. Do not want a supprise where the content
is changed in the middle of no where.

TIA

On Jun 22, 5:09*pm, Munna <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2:46*pm, CKKwan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> Hi..
>
> "Can I synchronize them?"
>
> session remain in server...
>
> whenever any one change the server keep the last one...
>
> and after change you got use server push/pull method to keep the other
> window update...
>
> exactly what is your requirement?
>
> Best of luck
>
> Munnawww.munna.shatkotha.comwww.munna.shatkotha.co m/blogwww.shatkotha.com- Hide quoted text -

clintonG

Please repeat after me:

I have a shitty architecture and the roof is going to fall in someday and
kill everybody.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Munna,

Thanks for the reply.

I just wish to Synchronise the access. As I have mentioned earlier,
there will have multiple pages accessing this Session object and I
wish it to be synchronized. Do not want a supprise where the content
is changed in the middle of no where.

TIA

On Jun 22, 5:09 pm, Munna <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2:46 pm, CKKwan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> Hi..
>
> "Can I synchronize them?"
>
> session remain in server...
>
> whenever any one change the server keep the last one...
>
> and after change you got use server push/pull method to keep the other
> window update...
>
> exactly what is your requirement?
>
> Best of luck
>
> Munnawww.munna.shatkotha.comwww.munna.shatkotha.co m/blogwww.shatkotha.com-

bruce barker

there is no need, asp.net handles this. it only allows 1 request access
to the same session at a time, any other are queued up and processed
after the first one completes.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

> Munna,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I just wish to Synchronise the access. As I have mentioned earlier,
> there will have multiple pages accessing this Session object and I
> wish it to be synchronized. Do not want a supprise where the content
> is changed in the middle of no where.
>
> TIA
>
> On Jun 22, 5:09 pm, Munna <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Jun 22, 2:46 pm, CKKwan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> Hi..
>>
>> "Can I synchronize them?"
>>
>> session remain in server...
>>
>> whenever any one change the server keep the last one...
>>
>> and after change you got use server push/pull method to keep the other
>> window update...
>>
>> exactly what is your requirement?
>>
>> Best of luck
>>
>> Munnawww.munna.shatkotha.comwww.munna.shatkotha.co m/blogwww.shatkotha.com- Hide quoted text -

synchronization of state machine between clocks richard.melikson@gmail.com VHDL 2 11-26-2007 10:53 AM
synchronization is not working right between two copies of the same class for member function John T. Kerich Java 5 11-27-2006 01:57 PM
synchronization Firefox 0 04-12-2005 03:44 PM
System Time synchronization arcvonz ASP .Net 2 08-23-2004 10:17 PM
Flip Flop Synchronization John VHDL 3 01-05-2004 05:58 PM

Advertisments