Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > FF freeze

FF freeze

Jessica25

Hi,

FF work fine then sudenly freeze for no reason. I have to close FF with alt
+ctrl + delete and open again. I have try to reinstall and it doesn't work

Thanks for your help, sorry for my english mistake I speak better French.

Jessica25

I have FF 2 and Win XP

"Jessica25" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
0gk7k.7226$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> FF work fine then sudenly freeze for no reason. I have to close FF with
> alt +ctrl + delete and open again. I have try to reinstall and it doesn't
> work
>
> Thanks for your help, sorry for my english mistake I speak better French.

Jim S

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:09:34 -0400, Jessica25 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> FF work fine then sudenly freeze for no reason. I have to close FF with alt
> +ctrl + delete and open again. I have try to reinstall and it doesn't work
>
> Thanks for your help, sorry for my english mistake I speak better French.

I am having a similar problem and have traced it to HTML Validator add-on,
but it can be cleared by emptying the cache rather than starting over.
Little consolation tho'
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

Jessica25

I have try what you told me and FF still freeze up ! How can I completely
remove FF without loosing my personal information and install FF 3 after ?
Is FF3 better than FF2 ?

Thanks in advance

"Jim S" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:09:34 -0400, Jessica25 wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> FF work fine then sudenly freeze for no reason. I have to close FF with
>> alt
>> +ctrl + delete and open again. I have try to reinstall and it doesn't
>> work
>>
>> Thanks for your help, sorry for my english mistake I speak better French.

> I am having a similar problem and have traced it to HTML Validator add-on,
> but it can be cleared by emptying the cache rather than starting over.
> Little consolation tho'
> --
> Jim S
> Tyneside UK
> www.jimscott.co.uk

Jessica25

Thanks for all the infos !

How can I remove FF2 without removing FF3 ?

Thanks

"Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
a écrit dans le message de news: g3ub24$9do$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jessica25 wrote:
>> I have try what you told me and FF still freeze up ! How can I completely
>> remove FF without loosing my personal information and install FF 3 after
>> ? Is FF3 better than FF2 ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

> all your settings, personal info, prefs, bookmarks, etc, are stored in an
> area called the FF profile. When you uninstall, all you're doing is
> removing the program, the profile is NOT touched.
>
> As for FF3: some say yes, others are saying no.
>
> Your best bet is to create a new profile and let FF 3 use that, while you
> take it for a test drive. If you like FF3, then you can let it take over
> the FF2 profile.
>
> To create a new profile, first close FF2, then click on the windows start
> button, then run and enter:
>
> firefox.exe -p
>
> this will bring up the FF profile manager. Create a new profile for
> there, and call it FF3 [or whatever you want]. Start FF2 using that
> profile. Close FF2, then install FF3, and install it into a separate
> program directory. Don't install it into the same one as FF2. When its
> fully installed it will start automatically with that profile. If you
> close FF2 and restart it with the other profile, then when you install
> FF3, it will start with the last profile you used.
>
> --
> *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email help!!!!
>
> Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public
>
> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
> http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Jessica25

TY