Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Detailsview not updating

Detailsview not updating

John

Hi

I have a DetailsView that is bound to a sql server. Problem is when I press
the auto generated Edit button make some change and press the Update link I
get the below error;

Updating is not supported by data source 'mysqlserver' unless UpdateCommand
is specified.

What is the UpdatCommand that I need to specify if my Select command is
SELECT FieldA, FieldB FROM MyTable?

Thanks

Regards

Munna

On Jun 22, 8:24*am, "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a DetailsView that is bound to a sql server. Problem is when I press
> the auto generated Edit button make some change and press the Update link I
> get the below error;
>
> Updating is not supported by data source 'mysqlserver' unless UpdateCommand
> is specified.
>
> What is the UpdatCommand that I need to specify if my Select command is
> SELECT FieldA, FieldB FROM MyTable?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards

Hi

follow this thread

http://forums.asp.net/p/1013611/1397014.aspx

Best of luck

Munna
www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.shatkotha.com

John

I have included the primary key in SELECT and it now works fine. The only
problem is that ID (PK) also display in DetailsView. If I make it invisible,
the update stops working? Is there a way to hide the Primary Key while
keeping it working?

Thanks

Regards

news:(E-Mail Removed)...