Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Tiney rectangular pop-ups follow mouse arrow

Tiney rectangular pop-ups follow mouse arrow

Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

This irratating pop-up informs you that you are
on a google search page when you happen to
be on one or tells you that you are are the
first page of a document (often obscuring a
word in the document with it's presence).
It is a total nusance. Pressing F7 kills it until
you move the mouse. Then up it
pops again. Using FF-3. Windows does the
same kind of crap when mouse arrow passes
over various files etc. Need to figure out
how to kill this as well but for now I would
greatly appriciate any help with FF problem.
..

Rom

On 21 Jun 2008 22:10:53 +0200, Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer wrote:

> This irratating pop-up informs you that you are
> on a google search page when you happen to
> be on one or tells you that you are are the
> first page of a document (often obscuring a
> word in the document with it's presence).
> It is a total nusance. Pressing F7 kills it until
> you move the mouse. Then up it
> pops again. Using FF-3. Windows does the
> same kind of crap when mouse arrow passes
> over various files etc. Need to figure out
> how to kill this as well but for now I would
> greatly appriciate any help with FF problem.

In Fx, F7 toggles caret browsing, with an optional warning to display
it or not.

Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab
--Accessibility--
[?]Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.browsewithcaret>
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.warn_on_browsewithcaret>

In Windows start looking at settings for accessibility or ease of
access and mouse pointers/cursors.

--
Rom

Borked Pseudo Mailed

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:16:37 +1000, Rom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 21 Jun 2008 22:10:53 +0200, Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer wrote:
>
>> This irratating pop-up informs you that you are
>> on a google search page when you happen to
>> be on one or tells you that you are are the
>> first page of a document (often obscuring a
>> word in the document with it's presence).
>> It is a total nusance. Pressing F7 kills it until
>> you move the mouse. Then up it
>> pops again. Using FF-3. Windows does the
>> same kind of crap when mouse arrow passes
>> over various files etc. Need to figure out
>> how to kill this as well but for now I would
>> greatly appriciate any help with FF problem.

>In Fx, F7 toggles caret browsing, with an optional warning to display
>it or not.

>Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab
>--Accessibility--
>[?]Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages
>
><http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.browsewithcaret>
><http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.warn_on_browsewithcaret>
>

>In Windows start looking at settings for accessibility or ease of
>access and mouse pointers/cursors.

Thank you Rom. Read both the URL's you posted. I have been screwing
around with F7 and the warning dialog box and have yet to have any
success. I will persist. I do get some relief from the nasty
little boxes when writing in my news client

"This preference can be set by checking the "Do not show me this
dialog box again" checkbox on the "Caret Browsing" dialog that appears
the first time [F7] is pressed."

Borked Pseudo Mailed

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 15:52:52 +1000, Rom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:20:21 -0600 (MDT), Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:16:37 +1000, Rom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You could try Firefox Safe Mode (by default there's a Fx Safe Mode
>shortcut in the Mozilla Firefox folder of the Start menu, see
><http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode>) to see if it still
>happens.
>
>Someone else with tooltips popping up in Fx3:
><http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=684715&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a >

Dear Rom:
The madness is over. Cured by the above URL pasted you
into your last post. Toggled <browser.chrome.toolbar_tips > and
instantly all is right with the world. I owe you. If you are ever in
Nicaragua let me buy you a beer.

Cordially, TC