Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Local ASPX pages won't diaplay - IE and Firefox ask to open or save file

Re: Local ASPX pages won't diaplay - IE and Firefox ask to open or save file

It sounds like you may need to repair your IIS mappings.
Here are the details on how to do that:
http://SteveOrr.net/faq/3in1.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,

"Arch Stanton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> I have a set of ASPX pages that work fine on my home computer (Vista), and
> on a server at work (XP). I just got a new laptop at work (XP) and these
> same files don't work on it. I installed IIS and dot.net on my new
> computer, but every time I try to access the ASPX pages locally (using
> http://localhost/main.aspx in the browser address bar), the browsers don't
> display the pages. Instead, a popup box asks if I want to open or save,
> and opening with the browser just shows me the code.
>
> This has the feel of an IIS problem, I'm thinking. IIS says that dot.net
> version 2 is installed even though I installed version 3.5. I have no idea
> why it says that (I tried updating dot.net from the MSDN page, but it
> tells me that everything is installed properly). That may be a clue for
> someone more knowledgeable than I am, but it has this humble noob stumped.
>
> As always, thanks so much for any help.

Cyril Gupta

ASP.Net 3.5 is an extension to ASP.Net 2, that's why you will see ver.
2 displayed in IIS. That's not a cause to panic.

Check in IIS whether it is handling ASPX pages. I think you will find
it in the extensions section. Orr's article is short and sweet, and it
even gives you a very likely cause.

I hope your situation is remedied. I would have installed windows
afresh by now. That's my solution to most system trouble.