Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to improve page performance

How to improve page performance

mrajanikrishna@gmail.com

Hi friends,

I have a page which has dropdownlists bound to data source
controls. Its a big page has some input controls.
How can I improve the page rendering time/

thanks

Munna

Hi,

Turn your compilation mode from debug to release ... also change you
web.config's
<compilation debug="false">
compilation node's debug attribute to false...

okay next try to avoid huge tables...
and try to keep your markup simple...

Best of luck

Munna

www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.shatkotha.com

Joy

Hi,
There are few things that you can do to reduce the eventual Page mark up:

1. Make a judicious choice between Server side and simple HTML controls.
2. Turn the EnableViewState to false, this will reduce the view state that
is getting generated.
3. Do only as much is needed during the page initialisation and move other
code to specific events.

regards,
Joy

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> I have a page which has dropdownlists bound to data source
> controls. Its a big page has some input controls.
> How can I improve the page rendering time/
>
> thanks

BWC

How about caching your datasources in webcache, and applying output caching
to your page if appropriate?

mrajanikrishna@gmail.com

On Jun 20, 11:30 am, BWC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How about caching your datasources in webcache, and applying output caching
> to your page if appropriate?
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
> > Hi friends,

> > I have a page which has dropdownlists bound to data source
> > controls. Its a big page has some input controls.
> > How can I improve the page rendering time/

> > thanks

Thank you for the replies. I will check all the ways.