Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Install hangs up after 'Download' and before 'Install'

Reply
Thread Tools

Install hangs up after 'Download' and before 'Install'

 
 
Luc Henrot
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2008
I'm using XP Professianal SP3 (hope so) in stand-alone, with ADSL dial-up,
logged in with an account having administrator rights.
I have the big problem that I cannot install new programs anymore (included
the updates for XP...!).
When I download the program or updates, the download themselves are very
well executed, but when it comes to the point where is says 'installing
begins' ore something simular depending on the program/application I want to
install, the CPU got into a complete hang-up and I ave to reboot it manually
(power off), even the tsk-manager is in hang-up8 Or it states after a
sussesful dowload : "estimated time felftover : 1 sec" and it hangs up (this
is the case too with an automatic or a manual update...). However, some
programs of eg 'GiveAwyOfTheDay) do install, others give the same reaction as
described above.
I have already executed a lot of 'healing programs' (PChealth, Spybot,
Ad-Aware and a lot of others), but no cure... And a couple of virus-checkers
of course...
What is going on?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
thecreator
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2008
Hi Luc,

Have you disabled your Anti-Virus Background Scanner as well as any
other Background process that is protecting you before you install any other
program?


--
thecreator

"Luc Henrot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using XP Professianal SP3 (hope so) in stand-alone, with ADSL dial-up,
> logged in with an account having administrator rights.
> I have the big problem that I cannot install new programs anymore
> (included
> the updates for XP...!).
> When I download the program or updates, the download themselves are very
> well executed, but when it comes to the point where is says 'installing
> begins' ore something simular depending on the program/application I want
> to
> install, the CPU got into a complete hang-up and I ave to reboot it
> manually
> (power off), even the tsk-manager is in hang-up8 Or it states after a
> sussesful dowload : "estimated time felftover : 1 sec" and it hangs up
> (this
> is the case too with an automatic or a manual update...). However, some
> programs of eg 'GiveAwyOfTheDay) do install, others give the same reaction
> as
> described above.
> I have already executed a lot of 'healing programs' (PChealth, Spybot,
> Ad-Aware and a lot of others), but no cure... And a couple of
> virus-checkers
> of course...
> What is going on?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Luc Henrot
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2008
Hello Creator,

Oh boy, you were perfectly right in the middle of it!
It's already a couple of weeks I am desperately looking for a solution,
paasing through all laind of forums all over Europe. Good advices, but no
solution...

I doubted about your solution: in fact I was afraid tot uninstal my
Virus-scanner as I was not sure that could re-install it (because of my
problem...). After your message, which containted a logical solution, I
deceided after all to do the uninstall. After this, my updates installed
without any problem, and some other problems I had with my PC were resolved
at once...
My virus-scanner released a new version, which was installed as part of a
daily routine. This version is better (so they say), preventing some more
dangers... included the installation of new software. Yes, if that's
'better'...

Anyway, thank you very very very very much !!!

"thecreator" wrote:

> Hi Luc,
>
> Have you disabled your Anti-Virus Background Scanner as well as any
> other Background process that is protecting you before you install any other
> program?
>
>
> --
> thecreator
>
> "Luc Henrot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm using XP Professianal SP3 (hope so) in stand-alone, with ADSL dial-up,
> > logged in with an account having administrator rights.
> > I have the big problem that I cannot install new programs anymore
> > (included
> > the updates for XP...!).
> > When I download the program or updates, the download themselves are very
> > well executed, but when it comes to the point where is says 'installing
> > begins' ore something simular depending on the program/application I want
> > to
> > install, the CPU got into a complete hang-up and I ave to reboot it
> > manually
> > (power off), even the tsk-manager is in hang-up8 Or it states after a
> > sussesful dowload : "estimated time felftover : 1 sec" and it hangs up
> > (this
> > is the case too with an automatic or a manual update...). However, some
> > programs of eg 'GiveAwyOfTheDay) do install, others give the same reaction
> > as
> > described above.
> > I have already executed a lot of 'healing programs' (PChealth, Spybot,
> > Ad-Aware and a lot of others), but no cure... And a couple of
> > virus-checkers
> > of course...
> > What is going on?

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Carlos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-20-2008
Luc,
What Antivirus are you using?
Merci.
Carlos

"Luc Henrot" wrote:

> Hello Creator,
>
> Oh boy, you were perfectly right in the middle of it!
> It's already a couple of weeks I am desperately looking for a solution,
> paasing through all laind of forums all over Europe. Good advices, but no
> solution...
>
> I doubted about your solution: in fact I was afraid tot uninstal my
> Virus-scanner as I was not sure that could re-install it (because of my
> problem...). After your message, which containted a logical solution, I
> deceided after all to do the uninstall. After this, my updates installed
> without any problem, and some other problems I had with my PC were resolved
> at once...
> My virus-scanner released a new version, which was installed as part of a
> daily routine. This version is better (so they say), preventing some more
> dangers... included the installation of new software. Yes, if that's
> 'better'...
>
> Anyway, thank you very very very very much !!!
>
> "thecreator" wrote:
>
> > Hi Luc,
> >
> > Have you disabled your Anti-Virus Background Scanner as well as any
> > other Background process that is protecting you before you install any other
> > program?
> >
> >
> > --
> > thecreator
> >
> > "Luc Henrot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I'm using XP Professianal SP3 (hope so) in stand-alone, with ADSL dial-up,
> > > logged in with an account having administrator rights.
> > > I have the big problem that I cannot install new programs anymore
> > > (included
> > > the updates for XP...!).
> > > When I download the program or updates, the download themselves are very
> > > well executed, but when it comes to the point where is says 'installing
> > > begins' ore something simular depending on the program/application I want
> > > to
> > > install, the CPU got into a complete hang-up and I ave to reboot it
> > > manually
> > > (power off), even the tsk-manager is in hang-up8 Or it states after a
> > > sussesful dowload : "estimated time felftover : 1 sec" and it hangs up
> > > (this
> > > is the case too with an automatic or a manual update...). However, some
> > > programs of eg 'GiveAwyOfTheDay) do install, others give the same reaction
> > > as
> > > described above.
> > > I have already executed a lot of 'healing programs' (PChealth, Spybot,
> > > Ad-Aware and a lot of others), but no cure... And a couple of
> > > virus-checkers
> > > of course...
> > > What is going on?

> >
> >
> >

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gem hangs => TCPSocket.write hangs Tim Shadel Ruby 1 07-24-2005 06:11 AM
XP Hangs after update install martik Computer Support 4 07-09-2005 06:19 PM
XP after reformat/install PC hangs Sally McGuire Computer Support 3 08-30-2004 05:27 AM
SP2 Hangs at "Running Processes After Install" Kimball K Kinnison Computer Support 6 08-26-2004 05:47 PM
Clear hangs up - & hangs up - & hangs up Sue Bilstein NZ Computing 26 03-07-2004 01:33 AM



Advertisments