Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > digitizing a textfile into image

digitizing a textfile into image

jimgardener

hi
i am looking for java code for digitizing a textfile into an
image(preferrably Tiff) .can someone tell me if there is one?
thanks
jim

Roedy Green

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:25:19 -0700 (PDT), jimgardener
said :

>i am looking for java code for digitizing a textfile into an
>image(preferrably Tiff) .can someone tell me if there is one?

Some possibilities.

1. look for a PostScript rendering engine. Wrap your text is some
PostScript and render it.

2. draw the text on screen in a JTextArea. Then do a screen capture.
See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/screenscraping.html

3. Look at how I do it in Masker with low level drawing tools.
http://mindprod.com/applet/masker.html

With Java you can easily create png, jpg, gif. I don't know about
TIFF. For than you might spawn a batch conversion utility.
see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/exec.html
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

ownowl

> With Java you can easily create png, jpg, gif. I don't know about
> TIFF. For than you might spawn a batch conversion utility.
> see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/exec.html

generate TIFF format file is possible with JAI

Olivier

insert into textfile Rong Ruby 1 09-14-2008 08:32 PM
Need compress-zlib example for textfile into .gz Marc Bauer Perl Misc 13 07-23-2006 02:49 PM
Reading a textfile into a single String? Digital Puer Java 5 02-23-2006 12:02 AM
Digicam negatives? (wasRe: Digitizing film negatives) Mark Johnson Digital Photography 0 04-02-2004 07:39 PM
Reading a very large textfile into an array Markus Hofmann C++ 3 08-12-2003 04:59 PM

Advertisments