Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ReportViewer web page annoyingly jumps when user drills down into data

ReportViewer web page annoyingly jumps when user drills down into data

dbuchanan

I am using the matrix data provider.

The drilldown report opens in collapse form. When the user clicks the plus
sign to drill into the data the whole page very annoyingly jumps up throwing
the header up and off screen, and moving the footer into view. This is not
way the customer wants.

How can this irritating activity be suppressed?

Before:

|--------------------------------------------------
|--------------------------------------------------

| --------------------
| | column | column |
|--------------------------------------------------
| [+] Level 1 | data | data |
|--------------------------------------------------

After:
| --------------------
| | column | column |
|--------------------------------------------------
| [-] Level 1 | [+] Level 2 | data | data |
| ------------------------------------
| | [+] Level 2 | data | data |
| ------------------------------------
| | [+] Level 2 | data | data |
|--------------------------------------------------

|--------------------------------------------------
| Page Footer
|--------------------------------------------------

Thanks,
Doug

Charles Wang [MSFT]

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting here!

I notice that you have posted the same question in our Exchange2003.Admin
newsgroup, which I have already responded. So please check my answer there
and if you need any further assistance on this particular issue, please
reply to me in that thread so I can follow up with you in time.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,
Charles Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support
Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your
comments and suggestions about how we can improve the
support we provide to you. Please feel free to let my manager
know what you think of the level of service provided. You can
send feedback directly to my manager at: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).
ications.

Note: The MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for
non-urgent issues where an initial response from the community
or a Microsoft Support Engineer within 1 business day is acceptable.
Please note that each follow up response may take approximately
2 business days as the support professional working with you may
need further investigation to reach the most efficient resolution.
The offering is not appropriate for situations
handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by
contacting Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at