Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Asp.net 2.0 / Aapche 2.2.6 / Ajax

Re: Asp.net 2.0 / Aapche 2.2.6 / Ajax

Mark Fitzpatrick

What are you using, Mono? What is your setup exactly. ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't
have built in Ajax support, only through the System.Web.Extensions namespace
which is available as an addition to standard ASP.Net 2.0 and is included in
the 3.5 framework.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression

news:(E-Mail Removed) communications...
> I added some ajax to my asp.net web site and will Ajax just doesn't seem
> to work. Does Any one PLEASE have any ideas on why Ajax doesn't work
> on Apache 2.2.6 w/asp.net 2.0

Mark Fitzpatrick

It could very well be because it's an Apache web server. ASP.Net is meant to
run within IIS. Apache had a mod for running ASP.Net, but the links I had to
it are dead. MS made a web server specifically for users of Windows XP Home
edition, since it doesn't come with IIS, called Cassini. This was made
freely available on the ASP.Net site. A newer version of it is within Visual
Web Developer Express 2008 so you may want to give that a try. Apache isn't
normally a host for ASP.Net, and the support may be spotty at best. Just to
be sure, you did install the Ajax extensions for ASP.Net 2.0 and modify your
web.config file with the appropriate additions. That probably won't help
though because Apache's ASP.Net mod may, at best, only be able to use
features built into the core .Net Framework 2.0.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression

news:(E-Mail Removed) communications...
> No I don't know what mono is. Just ASP.NET 2.0 w/ Apache 2.2.6 and Ajax
> 1.0
>
> See I run Windows XP Home with Apache 2.2.6 and ASP.NET 2.0 and I been
> using Web Developer 2005 express and I setup a web site in Ajax and with I
> copied it over to my web site. The parts in Ajax didn't work. Thats why
> I'm trying to find out why Ajax doesn't work.
>
> Joe
>

> Mark Fitzpatrick wrote:
>> What are you using, Mono? What is your setup exactly. ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't
>> have built in Ajax support, only through the System.Web.Extensions
>> namespace which is available as an addition to standard ASP.Net 2.0 and
>> is included in the 3.5 framework.
>>

>> Hope this helps,
>> Mark Fitzpatrick
>> Microsoft MVP - Expression
>>
>> "Joe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) communications...
>>> I added some ajax to my asp.net web site and will Ajax just doesn't seem
>>> to work. Does Any one PLEASE have any ideas on why Ajax doesn't work
>>> on Apache 2.2.6 w/asp.net 2.0

darrel

> I have is getting Ajax to work. asp.net 2.0 seems to work real good with
> apache 2.2.6.

I've never heard of that. Are you using this?:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mod-aspdotnet

-Darrel