Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > VS2005 - http://localhost/my webapp - controlling file location

VS2005 - http://localhost/my webapp - controlling file location

Bob

I'm trying to set up a web app on a new deveopment box using instructions
provided by someone whom we no longer have access to.

Under the http://localhost/mywebapp project properties, the Full Path
property on the original box references c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebApp and any
files and directories created under it, for example by right-clicking on the
project in Solution Explorer and selecting Add ASP.NET Folder | App_Code
creates the App_Code directory in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebApp. However, on
the new box, the Full Path property references c:\Documents and
Settings\...\MyWebApp and that's where new files get created.

I tried copying over the solution file from the other box, but that
presented other problems. Where is the value for the Full Path property for
this project stored and how can I change it?

Munna

Hi

"c:\Documents and... Settings\...\MyWebApp"

That is the path your virtual directory....

right click on your site's folder and you will find a tab called web
share...

using web share you can create virtual directories...

take the folder any location on your harddrive.. and web share it to
create a virtual directory of iis..

Best of luck

Munna

www.munna.shatkotha.com
www.munna.shatkotha.com/blog
www.shatkotha.com

Bob

Munna,

They both have "Default Web Site" selected in the Share on: drop down and
they both have the "Do not share this folder" radio button selected on the
Web Sharing tab. They are both XP Pro SP 2 boxes.

Bob