Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > html editor to use

html editor to use

Ronny

Hi,

I made webpages since 1995. Just with notepad. HTML and CSS files. So I have
alot of background knowledge on standard html etc. But nowadays, you need to
have things like correct doctypes etc.

How can I rework my pages to CORRECT standards?
I imagine myself starting to use a HTML editor that can load my pages and
takes me by the hand when cleaning it up step by step.

What programm(s) to use???

What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???

Thx

Raymond SCHMIT

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:51:31 +0200, "Ronny"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I made webpages since 1995. Just with notepad. HTML and CSS files. So I have
>alot of background knowledge on standard html etc. But nowadays, you need to
>have things like correct doctypes etc.
>
>How can I rework my pages to CORRECT standards?
>I imagine myself starting to use a HTML editor that can load my pages and
>takes me by the hand when cleaning it up step by step.
>
>What programm(s) to use???
>
>What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???
>
>Thx

Perhaps using this: http://validator.w3.org/
or this: http://www.totalvalidator.com/
For the second one, they have also a standalone version that you can
install on your pc.

dorayme

In article <b1c21$485aaabf$541e3344$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.ho me.nl>,
"Ronny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made webpages since 1995. Just with notepad. HTML and CSS files. So I have
> alot of background knowledge on standard html etc. But nowadays, you need to
> have things like correct doctypes etc.
>
> How can I rework my pages to CORRECT standards?
> I imagine myself starting to use a HTML editor that can load my pages and
> takes me by the hand when cleaning it up step by step.
>
> What programm(s) to use???
>
> What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???

What is your platform, to begin with?

--
dorayme

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Ronny"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:b1c21$485aaabf$541e3344$(E-Mail Removed)1.n b.home.nl:

> Hi,
>
> I made webpages since 1995. Just with notepad. HTML and CSS files. So
> I have alot of background knowledge on standard html etc. But
> nowadays, you need to have things like correct doctypes etc.
>
> How can I rework my pages to CORRECT standards?
> I imagine myself starting to use a HTML editor that can load my pages
> and takes me by the hand when cleaning it up step by step.
>
> What programm(s) to use???
>
> What is the all-over recommended editor for designing new pages???
>
> Thx

I like HTML-Kit [http://www.chami.com/html-kit/]. What I like:
1. Ability to save snippets and templates
2. Tons of plugins
3. Syntax coloring
4. Integrates with TopStyle Lite for CSS
5. Preview in program and/or browser
6. FTP within the program
7. HTML-Tidy
8. Text only so no bloat