Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: OT:ish SMS script for web site?

Re: OT:ish SMS script for web site?

Theo Markettos

Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any script that can be integrated with say an
> e-commerce website for sending SMS text messages to customer via something
> like one of the Betamax clones?

Shell script 'fincheck':
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index....e=Finarea%20SA

There seem to be several versions, of which the one I used is from here:
http://www.simong.net/finarea/
They also has a PHP version which I haven't tried.

I tried fincheck with SMSListo.com. It works some of the time, but
sometimes SMSListo comes back with a 'session timeout' page even though it's
just logged me in. You can tell because sending an SMS takes about 5-10
seconds, while a failure comes back straightaway. I don't quite know what's
happening - perhaps sometimes the web requests are too quick for the
website? I've put some debug in my copy but haven't had time to get to the
bottom of it. It's quite a simple script, so shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Maybe others can try it on other Finarea/Betamax sites and see how well it
works?

Theo

Theo Markettos

Theo Markettos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I tried fincheck with SMSListo.com. It works some of the time, but
> sometimes SMSListo comes back with a 'session timeout' page even though it's
> just logged me in. You can tell because sending an SMS takes about 5-10
> seconds, while a failure comes back straightaway. I don't quite know what's
> happening - perhaps sometimes the web requests are too quick for the
> website? I've put some debug in my copy but haven't had time to get to the
> bottom of it. It's quite a simple script, so shouldn't be too hard to fix.

I've fixed that bug and sent the patches upstream (along with some other
improvements). There's now a beta version (filename fincheck.beta) on the
site which hopefully should be released as the main version in a few days.

Theo

Theo Markettos

Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Splendid Theo.
> I'll check it out.

It's now as the main version of the script linked from the webpage - have a
look at the script source for more details.

Theo