Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > BSOD Error Minidump

BSOD Error Minidump

John

I've been told that Microsoft will figure out what caused a particular
stop error (minidump)for users (Vista Home Premium OEM CD). Is this
true, and if it is how do I go about sending the minidump to
Microsoft, and who would I send it to?

Other than that is there anywhere else I could get help diagnosing a
minidump?

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
says...
> I've been told that Microsoft will figure out what caused a particular
> stop error (minidump)for users (Vista Home Premium OEM CD). Is this
> true, and if it is how do I go about sending the minidump to
> Microsoft, and who would I send it to?
>
> Other than that is there anywhere else I could get help diagnosing a
> minidump?

IIRC, you should get a question asking you to report it to MS? - uses
Windows Error Reporting (WEP). If not, dig into control panel and have
a look around, I'd tell yer more but my Vista machine's in Rotorua right
now (and I'm in ChCh)

--
Duncan

John

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:50:54 +1200, Dave Doe wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)lid
> says...
>> I've been told that Microsoft will figure out what caused a particular
>> stop error (minidump)for users (Vista Home Premium OEM CD). Is this
>> true, and if it is how do I go about sending the minidump to
>> Microsoft, and who would I send it to?
>>
>> Other than that is there anywhere else I could get help diagnosing a
>> minidump?

> IIRC, you should get a question asking you to report it to MS? - uses
> Windows Error Reporting (WEP). If not, dig into control panel and have
> a look around, I'd tell yer more but my Vista machine's in Rotorua right
> now (and I'm in ChCh)

Opening a minidump in "Debugging tools for Windows" doesn't give an
option to contact Microsoft, are you thinking about WEP when a
programme crashes?

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)lid
says...
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:50:54 +1200, Dave Doe wrote:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)lid
> > says...
> >> I've been told that Microsoft will figure out what caused a particular
> >> stop error (minidump)for users (Vista Home Premium OEM CD). Is this
> >> true, and if it is how do I go about sending the minidump to
> >> Microsoft, and who would I send it to?
> >>
> >> Other than that is there anywhere else I could get help diagnosing a
> >> minidump?

> > IIRC, you should get a question asking you to report it to MS? - uses
> > Windows Error Reporting (WEP). If not, dig into control panel and have
> > a look around, I'd tell yer more but my Vista machine's in Rotorua right
> > now (and I'm in ChCh)

> Opening a minidump in "Debugging tools for Windows" doesn't give an
> option to contact Microsoft, are you thinking about WEP when a
> programme crashes?

Sorry, my type, no definately WER.

--
Duncan

Minidump Files Redman Computer Support 1 06-19-2006 05:11 PM
minidump billy Computer Information 2 06-19-2005 07:38 AM
Minidump Brian Computer Support 2 06-18-2005 08:45 PM
Minidump File? Chuck Computer Information 1 08-18-2004 02:20 AM
MiniDump file analysis Frank Computer Support 8 04-28-2004 11:32 AM

Advertisments