Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > To those using MS Outlook to access Hotmail accounts

To those using MS Outlook to access Hotmail accounts

djdickjonson

Should check out the new outlook connector...integrates outlook with
hotmail in a much nicer way. But, not for express users.

djdickjonson

On Jun 20, 12:04*am, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> djdickjonson wrote:
> > Should check out the new outlook connector...integrates outlook with
> > hotmail in a much nicer way. But, not for express users.

> >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...D=7aad7e6a-931....

> How does this differ from the normal way of adding it as an http mail
> account? That seems to work pretty well IME.. Can send at places with
> filtered net connections which is always good.

It integrates into outlook in a far better way. eg, using standard
outlook it does not store a local copy of the emails by default.

There are various replication options used to synch with the
hotmail. And, i've never had an invalid password message using the
outlook connector, whereas with the standard outlook I sometimes
received an error. All in all, it just works better , but I am a heavy
mail user for a lightweight user it might not matter.

actually , i'm trying to wean off my .xtra addresses, in anticipation
that my telecom connection may get dumped in future.