Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows XP Professional 64Bit Edition installation soon degrades a

Windows XP Professional 64Bit Edition installation soon degrades a

umwhat

....crashes.
My every attempts to run 64 bit XP fail with a crash. The longest time I
have had the os running is about 3 months. I think I can maintain a computer
reasonably well.
Now I want to do a course in computing, a good step for me you may say
eh...so I only need XP Home Edition to have Microsoft Office Professional
2003(the course requirement office software).
I would like to have a backup software and I do have and can operate a
backup from Neros BackItUp version 1.2.0.65(in the Nero version 6.6.1.15
which is the last version of the version 6 software) but my experience of
backups is to operate the software and understand using XP Professional
Backup.
I would like to have XP Pro to backup to DVDs(more than one).
Nero is oldish now and I can not really afford an expensive Ghost.
I can dual boot XP Pro and I think, install the Backup inot XP Home form
the Home cd and run backups somehow from them...or use the Nero software.
I know Nero can back up to a number of CDs or DVDs but XP Pro Backup can or
can not back up to a number of CDs or DVDs .
I also have Farstones Virtual Drive pro and can make images of files, this
is a thought at this moment...I am not sure if I can backupa very large
image, more than 4.7GB.
Can anyone suggest a good choice to make regarding these options because I
don't want to spend any more money to do this.
The alternatives to taking advice will be to experiment.
I start the course , maybe in 4 weeks or after, so I guess I have some time
to experiment anyway.

....hese are just some thoughts I have had...
--
....scribble...scribble...scribble...