Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: OT:ish SMS script for web site?

Re: OT:ish SMS script for web site?

Brian A

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:51:52 +0100, "Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Long shot... but...
>Does anyone know of any script that can be integrated with say an e-commerce
>website for sending SMS text messages to customer via something like one of the
>Betamax clones?

An alternative that I have used is to send an email that arrives as a
text. There are various services available for email to text
conversion.
I would guess that Betamax will have protection on their sites,
otherwise it would be possible to interface from your web site to the
SMS facility via a PHP program or similar. As it is highly likely that
such protection will exist then I would think it unlikely that you
would be able to do this without Betamax approval. For example some
sites do allow external apps to access their site for e-commerce
purposes by presenting an agreed referrer URL and additional
authentication. As I am not aware of such access being offered by
Betamax I would assume that it will not be possible to interface with
a web site with any unapproved access. However, if you do succeed then
I'll certainly be interested to hear of how you achieved it.

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---