Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Any sign of the SP3 coming out on a NZ Computer World Mag disc yet?

Re: Any sign of the SP3 coming out on a NZ Computer World Mag disc yet?

Dave Doe

In article <1213785425.363799@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
> Thanks to anyone who knows if any Magazine disc has the SP3 for XP on it
> yet.

Just download it man - let me look (full version I assume), 324Mb's.

--
Duncan

Mutlley

Peter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dave Doe wrote:
>> In article <1213785425.363799@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
>>> Thanks to anyone who knows if any Magazine disc has the SP3 for XP on it
>>> yet.

>> Just download it man - let me look (full version I assume), 324Mb's.

>bit too big for dial up (or average NZ "broadband")

You mean there are still people on this news group who are on dial
up??

EMB

Mutlley wrote:
> Peter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Dave Doe wrote:
>>> In article <1213785425.363799@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
>>> Just download it man - let me look (full version I assume), 324Mb's.

>> bit too big for dial up (or average NZ "broadband")
>>

> You mean there are still people on this news group who are on dial

There sure are - the OP is one of them.

Tony

> There sure are - the OP is one of them.

OP ?

Enkidu

Tony wrote:

>> There sure are - the OP is one of them.

> OP ?

Original Poster. Eb.

Cheers,

Cliff

'hilarious', it usually isn't?

Cima

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:22:07 +1200, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Peter wrote:
>> Dave Doe wrote:
>>> In article <1213785425.363799@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
>>> Just download it man - let me look (full version I assume), 324Mb's.

>> bit too big for dial up (or average NZ "broadband")
>>

>You are out of date with the broadband if you are thinking of the days
>of 128k/s

That'd blow more than a months datacap on that shitty cheap plan Xtra have been
conning people to join - $16.95 a month for 3 months, 200mb cap.... excess usage
charges apply. Wonder how many have been caught out.

texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom..

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:11:08 +1200, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Peter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Dave Doe wrote:
>>> In article <1213785425.363799@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
>>>
>>> Just download it man - let me look (full version I assume), 324Mb's.

>>bit too big for dial up (or average NZ "broadband")
>>

>You mean there are still people on this news group who are on dial
>up??

Yep, when you have no option!
Time-Warner has finally come up with high-speed but they want a fortune plus a 12 month contract.

There's hi-speed in the city but we are regarded as a 'low income' area and as such, they will not
provide service. This is something they are now doing nationwide.

I've had so many problems over the years with our provider, AT&T. Like you live where you do so
put up with it. How wrong they were to say that - they got told in no uncertain terms that we pay
the same price as those in the city area so are entitled to the same service and I would report them
to the powers that be for their attitude. Haven't had a problem since.

Phone companies here have been trying to get additional fees attached to our bills for 'rural phone
service'.

Cath

Malcolm

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:49:46 -0500
texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:11:08 +1200, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Peter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >>bit too big for dial up (or average NZ "broadband")
> >>

> >You mean there are still people on this news group who are on dial
> >up??

> Yep, when you have no option!
> Time-Warner has finally come up with high-speed but they want a
> fortune plus a 12 month contract.
>
> There's hi-speed in the city but we are regarded as a 'low income'
> area and as such, they will not provide service. This is
> something they are now doing nationwide.
>
> I've had so many problems over the years with our provider,
> AT&T. Like you live where you do so put up with it. How wrong
> they were to say that - they got told in no uncertain terms that we
> pay the same price as those in the city area so are entitled to the
> same service and I would report them to the powers that be for their
> attitude. Haven't had a problem since.
>
> Phone companies here have been trying to get additional fees attached
> to our bills for 'rural phone service'.
>
> Cath

Hi
What about cellphone (verizon?) can you get coverage. Here on
Cellularsouth I get EDVO for 24.95 a month ontop of the standard phone
charge with no caps.

http://evdomaps.com/

--
Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 173.14.09