Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: ADSL 'failed installation' (faulty port)

Re: ADSL 'failed installation' (faulty port)

Dave Taylor

"ofn01" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Found out today that apparently the port we were allocated is faulty!
>
> There is no intention to fix the faulty port - we simply have to wait
> longer for another one to become available.
>
> Orcon have assured us that we're at the top of the waiting list but I
> do despair at how poor the state of broadband is...

I hope you realize that the port is controlled by Telecom, but resold to
you by Orcon. This makes getting this type of problem a little longer and
harder to fix. It is the one and only advantage to being an Xtra customer,
but not enopugh of one for me to say that you should use them over anyone
else...

--
Ciao, Dave

Dave Taylor

"ofn01" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> --
>> Ciao, Dave

> Yes I do which is the problem - I know orcon can only "tell" me I am
> at the top of the waiting list and I genuinely hope that we are - but
> I know the list is controlled by Telecom Wholesale/Chorus whoever and
> so I hope that we get access soon.
>
> I just can't believe that there is a faulty port - sounds so
> implausible

You what really stinks, is they probably just put it back into
"production" for some other loser next time. But now I am just being a
pessimist.

--
Ciao, Dave

Craig Shore

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:38:46 +1200, "ofn01" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Dave Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Xns9AC1CA4914D24daveytaynospamplshot@203.97.3 7.6...
>> "ofn01" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> Found out today that apparently the port we were allocated is faulty!
>>>
>>> There is no intention to fix the faulty port - we simply have to wait
>>> longer for another one to become available.
>>>
>>> Orcon have assured us that we're at the top of the waiting list but I
>>> do despair at how poor the state of broadband is...
>>>

>> I hope you realize that the port is controlled by Telecom, but resold to
>> you by Orcon. This makes getting this type of problem a little longer and
>> harder to fix. It is the one and only advantage to being an Xtra customer,
>> but not enopugh of one for me to say that you should use them over anyone
>> else...
>>
>> --
>> Ciao, Dave

>Yes I do which is the problem - I know orcon can only "tell" me I am at the top of the waiting list and I genuinely hope that we are - but I know the list is controlled by Telecom Wholesale/Chorus whoever and so I hope that we get access soon.
>
>I just can't believe that there is a faulty port - sounds so implausible

My port went faulty and I had to be swapped. It's bloody hard to get
them to believe you that there is something wrong at their end.

BTW To the others that were assuming that it's Telecom's fault, Orcon
do have some of their own ADSL2 gear in exchanges in Auckland.

Dave Taylor

Craig Shore <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> BTW To the others that were assuming that it's Telecom's fault, Orcon
> do have some of their own ADSL2 gear in exchanges in Auckland.

Well, that is good news. At least that way they have more control.

--
Ciao, Dave