Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > WCF Web service, 2 or more web application projects and some databases

WCF Web service, 2 or more web application projects and some databases

Andy B

Can you have a WCF web service manage users in the membership providers? For
example, if you were to use a standard login control on a page, it goes
directly to the provider to sign in the user. Can I have a web service do
this instead? If so, how do you do it?

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

I assume by WCF Web service you mean WCF Service? I don't see a problem in
this. Essentially, if your membership store is not on the web server, it
would make sense to use a web service for this. A WCF service is overkill
though unless the authentication is bundled with more business services.

--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
The O.W.C. Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $19.99

"Andy B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you have a WCF web service manage users in the membership providers?
> For example, if you were to use a standard login control on a page, it
> goes directly to the provider to sign in the user. Can I have a web
> service do this instead? If so, how do you do it?

Andy B

The membership is required to make any of the services provided to the web
applications to work. If membership doesn't work, none of it does.

"Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]" <vapor dan using hot male spam filter> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...