Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Spawning a new window with a variable

Spawning a new window with a variable

warrenvt warrenvt is offline
Junior Member

Hi everyone,
I have created an ajax script that does a lookup from a db which returns a drop down box with a list of departments. Once you choose a department, the little script I wrote returns text in the form of a URL

Instead of returning a URL I would like to replace the existing page with that of the new URL.

I tried to get my javascript to do just that, but was unable to. Is there an asp.net way to do this, or is there a way with java to get this done?

Thanks in advance.