Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > text alignment

text alignment

Gandalf

Hi every one. What is the similar python WX style property for CSS
text-align?

I need this item text to start from the right direction:

aaa= html.HtmlWindow(self, -1, style=wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, size=(250, 60))
aaa.LoadPage('../../aa.html')

Thanks!

Gandalf

On Jun 17, 6:43*pm, Gandalf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi every one. What is the similar python WX style property for CSS
> text-align?
>
> I need this item text to start from the right direction:
>
> aaa= html.HtmlWindow(self, -1, style=wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, size=(250, 60))
> * * * * aaa.LoadPage('../../aa.html')
>
> Thanks!

*right to the left direction...

And I'm using pythin 2.5 on XP (I forget to mention...)

Mike Driscoll

On Jun 17, 11:45*am, Gandalf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 6:43*pm, Gandalf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi every one. What is the similar python WX style property for CSS
> > text-align?

> > I need this item text to start from the right direction:

> > aaa= html.HtmlWindow(self, -1, style=wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, size=(250, 60))
> > * * * * aaa.LoadPage('../../aa.html')

> > Thanks!

> *right to the left direction...
>
> And I'm using pythin 2.5 on XP (I forget to mention...)

The HtmlWindow widget can only display simple html. So, while you
cannot use CSS, you should be able to use the simple html alignment
directives. Check out the following site for pointers:

http://www.htmlite.com/lite008.php

If you want to be able to use CSS and javascript, you'll want to use
the ActiveX_IEHtmlWindow (wx.lib.iewin) widget instead as it embeds
Internet Explorer.

Mike

Gandalf

On Jun 17, 7:49*pm, Mike Driscoll <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 11:45*am, Gandalf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 17, 6:43*pm, Gandalf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > Hi every one. What is the similar python WX style property for CSS
> > >text-align?

> > > I need this item text to start from the right direction:

> > > aaa= html.HtmlWindow(self, -1, style=wx.SIMPLE_BORDER, size=(250, 60))
> > > * * * * aaa.LoadPage('../../aa.html')

> > > Thanks!

> > *right to the left direction...

> > And I'm using pythin 2.5 on XP (I forget to mention...)

> The HtmlWindow widget can only display simple html. So, while you
> cannot use CSS, you should be able to use the simple html alignment
> directives. Check out the following site for pointers:
>
> http://www.htmlite.com/lite008.php
>
> If you want to be able to use CSS and javascript, you'll want to use
> the ActiveX_IEHtmlWindow (wx.lib.iewin) widget instead as it embeds
> Internet Explorer.
>
> Mike

well thanks it seems useful...
My question is about general items in WX and how to position them
inside an element without using CSS. It's only coincidence My item is
HtmlWindow

Gandalf

since you brought up this issue, please tell me where can I fine
menual for this library?
can i generate dynamic GUI from it?
If not, Is there any way to generate dynamic GUI (one that can change
according to the user input) with HTML-CSS- javascript similar
environment?

Mike Driscoll

On Jun 17, 12:59*pm, Gandalf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 7:49*pm, Mike Driscoll <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > *right to the left direction...

> > > And I'm using pythin 2.5 on XP (I forget to mention...)

> > The HtmlWindow widget can only display simple html. So, while you
> > cannot use CSS, you should be able to use the simple html alignment
> > directives. Check out the following site for pointers:

> >http://www.htmlite.com/lite008.php

> > If you want to be able to use CSS and javascript, you'll want to use
> > the ActiveX_IEHtmlWindow (wx.lib.iewin) widget instead as it embeds
> > Internet Explorer.

> > Mike

> well thanks it seems useful...
> My question is about general items in WX and how to position them
> inside an element without using CSS. It's only coincidence My item is
> HtmlWindow

Positioning the widgets within a container widgets (such as a
wx.Window, wx.Panel or wx.Frame) is usually done with sizers.
Something like this:

mySizer.Add(myWidget, 0, wx.ALIGN_RIGHT)

I've written a few tutorials on aligning widgets in various types of
sizers. You might find them helpful. There are located here:
http://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org

You might also find this site useful too: http://www.zetcode.com/wxpython/layout/

Mike

Mike Driscoll

On Jun 17, 1:20*pm, Gandalf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> since you brought up this issue, please tell me where can I fine
> menual for this library?

You want the manual for wxPython? Go to the download page on the
Official wxPython page and get the Docs & Demos package:
http://wxpython.org/download.php

That include the wxWidgets Reference. Also see: http://wxpython.org/onlinedocs.php

> can i generate dynamic GUI from it?

Not sure what you mean by this. If you know how to create a "dynamic
GUI" with html/ajax or some such based on the user's interactions with
your website, than it should work in the embedded browser just as well
as it would in a non-embedded one.

> If not, Is there any way to generate dynamic GUI (one that can change
> according to the user input) with HTML-CSS- javascript similar
> environment?

Mike

Gandalf

On Jun 17, 8:43*pm, Mike Driscoll <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 1:20*pm, Gandalf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > since you brought up this issue, please tell me where can I fine
> > menual for this library?

> You want the manual for wxPython? Go to the download page on the
> Official wxPython page and get the Docs & Demos package:http://wxpython.org/download.php
>
> That include the wxWidgets Reference. Also see:http://wxpython.org/onlinedocs.php
>
> > can i generate dynamic GUI from it?

> Not sure what you mean by this. If you know how to create a "dynamic
> GUI" with html/ajax or some such based on the user's interactions with
> your website, than it should work in the embedded browser just as well
> as it would in a non-embedded one.
>
> > If not, Is there any way to generate dynamic GUI (one that can change
> > according to the user input) with HTML-CSS- javascript similar
> > environment?

> Mike

Hi Mike, I was referring to the ActiveX_IEHtmlWindow which you talked
about, when I asked you for a tutorial.
I have lots of experience on developing web application so if I could
implement some of my knowledge for developing none web application it
can save me trouble

thanks

Text field text alignment Karsten Wutzke HTML 5 12-14-2006 11:09 PM
Checkbox Text Alignment =?Utf-8?B?QmFobWFu?= ASP .Net 3 02-09-2006 10:00 PM
Checkbox text alignment tshad ASP .Net 0 03-07-2005 10:25 PM
Easy text alignment in Frontpage question. Pete HTML 6 03-05-2004 09:34 PM
Text Alignment FluxForums HTML 29 02-23-2004 11:42 AM

Advertisments