Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Re: Changing the hard drive on a Polaroid DRM-2001G

Re: Changing the hard drive on a Polaroid DRM-2001G

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>This has been a fine machine until this past week. The hard drive is
>showing signs of failure. Has anyone ever changed the hard drive on this
>machine, and if so, what's involved?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Norm Strong

Norm, from what i am reading right now on some posts on google, the
replacement of the hard drive in your unit is plug and play. If it doesnt
automatically come up asnd see the new hard drive and offer to format it, i
believe there is a bios menu somewhere to do this.

I have seen posts of as large as a 500GB drive being used in that unit.

Take a drive you have laying around and plop it in to try it.

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic319743.html

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=736151

http://catalog.ebay.
com/Polaroid-DRM-2001G-80-GB-DVD-Recorder-HDD-Recorder_W0QQ_fclsZ1QQ_pidZ55609
774QQ_tabZ3