Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Panasonic has just announced their new DMP-BD50 profile 2.0 Blu-ray Disc player

Panasonic has just announced their new DMP-BD50 profile 2.0 Blu-ray Disc player

Robo-man

From thedigitalbits.com:

"First up today, Panasonic has just announced their new DMP-BD50 profile 2.0
Blu-ray Disc player, which is due to arrive in stores late this month or
early June. It'll have full BD-Live capability with a built-in Ethernet
port, along with built-in decoders for both lossless audio formats (Dolby
True HD and DTS-HD). Unfortunately, the price is going to put it out of
reach of casual consumers. It's set to retail at $699. I'm guessing it's
going to drop pretty quickly though, and I'm betting there will be pretty
good sale prices on it this fall. I suspect it's going to be THE player all
the enthusiasts want, but at that price, it'll probably ensure that Sony's
PS3 remains the best selling profile 2.0 Blu-ray player on the market. I'm
actually getting a first-hand look at the BD50 on Friday, so I'll have more
to say about it next week."

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

..

Mutley

"Robo-man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>From thedigitalbits.com:
>
>"First up today, Panasonic has just announced their new DMP-BD50 profile 2.0
>Blu-ray Disc player, which is due to arrive in stores late this month or
>early June. It'll have full BD-Live capability with a built-in Ethernet
>port, along with built-in decoders for both lossless audio formats (Dolby
>True HD and DTS-HD). Unfortunately, the price is going to put it out of
>reach of casual consumers. It's set to retail at $699. I'm guessing it's
>going to drop pretty quickly though, and I'm betting there will be pretty
>good sale prices on it this fall. I suspect it's going to be THE player all
>the enthusiasts want, but at that price, it'll probably ensure that Sony's
>PS3 remains the best selling profile 2.0 Blu-ray player on the market. I'm
>actually getting a first-hand look at the BD50 on Friday, so I'll have more
>to say about it next week."
>

>http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
>

>.

@ US$699 rather expensive..

davo

On Thu, 08 May 2008 20:54:36 +1200, Mutley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Robo-man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>From thedigitalbits.com:
>>
>>"First up today, Panasonic has just announced their new DMP-BD50 profile 2.0
>>Blu-ray Disc player, which is due to arrive in stores late this month or
>>early June. It'll have full BD-Live capability with a built-in Ethernet
>>port, along with built-in decoders for both lossless audio formats (Dolby
>>True HD and DTS-HD). Unfortunately, the price is going to put it out of
>>reach of casual consumers. It's set to retail at $699. I'm guessing it's
>>going to drop pretty quickly though, and I'm betting there will be pretty
>>good sale prices on it this fall. I suspect it's going to be THE player all
>>the enthusiasts want, but at that price, it'll probably ensure that Sony's
>>PS3 remains the best selling profile 2.0 Blu-ray player on the market. I'm
>>actually getting a first-hand look at the BD50 on Friday, so I'll have more
>>to say about it next week."
>>

>>http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
>>

>>.
>>

>@ US$699 rather expensive..