Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Burning AVI files on DVD disc

Burning AVI files on DVD disc

Roy

Hello group
I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
Or do you recommend special software for such.?
TIA

Roy

xeaglecrest@att.net

Roy wrote:

> Hello group
> I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
> in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
> Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
> single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
> burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
> Or do you recommend special software for such.?
> TIA
>
> Roy

Just copy them to blank DVD as DATA files. They probably won't play on
standard DVD player though.

Mike S.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Roy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello group
>I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
>in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
>Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
>single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
>burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
>Or do you recommend special software for such.?

Any software that can burn data DVD's (including the $ware ones you list
above) can do that. Many DVD players that are DiVX certified will play the
AVI's directly from such a DVD ... just burn all of the files in one
session as standalone players have problems with multisession DVD's.

Roy

On Apr 26, 1:36*am, (E-Mail Removed) (Mike S.) wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> Roy *<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Hello group
> >I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
> >in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
> >Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
> >single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
> >burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
> >Or do you recommend special software for such.?

> Just copy them to blank DVD as DATA files. They probably won't play on

standard DVD player though.

>Any software that can burn data DVD's (including the $ware ones you list
>above) can do that. Many DVD players that are DiVX certified will play the
>AVI's directly from such a DVD ... just burn all of the files in one
>session as standalone players have problems with multisession DVD's.

Thanks for your replies...

Hmm,,,do you mean that if the .avi files is burned as data in a DVD
disk is good only for one file or else it will not be recognized by
the player?
My point in lumping the 6 .avi file was that the combined size is
about 4 GB and just right for one DVD-R disc.

Netmask

"Roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Apr 26, 1:36 am, (E-Mail Removed) (Mike S.) wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> Roy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Hello group
> >I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
> >in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
> >Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
> >single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
> >burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
> >Or do you recommend special software for such.?

> Just copy them to blank DVD as DATA files. They probably won't play on

standard DVD player though.

>Any software that can burn data DVD's (including the $ware ones you list
>above) can do that. Many DVD players that are DiVX certified will play the
>AVI's directly from such a DVD ... just burn all of the files in one
>session as standalone players have problems with multisession DVD's.

Thanks for your replies...

Hmm,,,do you mean that if the .avi files is burned as data in a DVD
disk is good only for one file or else it will not be recognized by
the player?
My point in lumping the 6 .avi file was that the combined size is
about 4 GB and just right for one DVD-R disc.

Roy there is no problem in what you want to do - I regularly burn 10 or 12 x
350MB avi files of TV eps to a DVD for storage as DATA. Not sure what
country you are in but down here in Australia virtually every standalone DVD
player plays DivX or Xvid files. You can pick one up from a Wal Mart type
store for $40 or so ..

When you load the disc in your DVD player as long as it is DivX capable a
menu will come up showing the file names - just scroll and click! I use
NeroExpress to burn. Why don't you try it out for yourself - use a DVDRW as
a trial.

Mike S.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Roy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Apr 26, 1:36*am, (E-Mail Removed) (Mike S.) wrote:
>> In article

><(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>
>> Roy *<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >Hello group
>> >I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
>> >in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
>> >Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
>> >single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
>> >burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
>> >Or do you recommend special software for such.?

>> Just copy them to blank DVD as DATA files. They probably won't play on

>standard DVD player though.
>

>>Any software that can burn data DVD's (including the $ware ones you list
>>above) can do that. Many DVD players that are DiVX certified will play the
>>AVI's directly from such a DVD ... just burn all of the files in one
>>session as standalone players have problems with multisession DVD's.

>Thanks for your replies...
>
>Hmm,,,do you mean that if the .avi files is burned as data in a DVD
>disk is good only for one file or else it will not be recognized by
>the player?
>My point in lumping the 6 .avi file was that the combined size is
>about 4 GB and just right for one DVD-R disc.

You can burn as many files as will fit on the DVD.
You must burn them all in one _session_.

justin baker

all i do is just burn as a data disc
it plays,looks ok on my dvd stand anlone player
i shold work for you very easy
"Roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello group
> I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
> in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
> Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
> single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
> burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
> Or do you recommend special software for such.?
> TIA
>
> Roy

Roy

On Apr 29, 7:45*pm, "justin baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> all i do is just burn *as a data disc
> it plays,looks ok on my dvd *stand anlone player
> i shold work for you very easy"Roy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Hello group
> > I would like to know if its possible to burn a downloaded movie file
> > in .avi. in DVD disck instead of converting to VOB for dvd burning.
> > Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
> > single DVD-R disc, is it possible to just burn it directly with many
> > burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
> > Or do you recommend special software for such.?
> > TIA

> > Roy- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the replies. I did it today and it works,....I managed to
burn 6 movies in avi format in single DVD and came out nicely!
It was recognized by my DVD player.
Roy

swordm

On Apr 25, 9:09 pm, Roy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello group
> I would like to know if its possible toburna downloaded movie file
> in .avi. inDVDdisck instead of converting to VOB fordvdburning.
> Supposing you have 6 avi movies each at 700 mb which is enough for
> singleDVD-R disc, is it possible to justburnit directly with many
> burning tools such as NERO, Roxio, etc
> Or do you recommend special software for such.?
> TIA
>
> Roy

Total Video2Dvd Author can help you convert avi to dvd simply and
directly,
1. click "New project", add video files, than click "OK"
2. click "DVD menu", preview dvd menu
3. click "Output", click "Convert and Burn" start burn DVD.

a. easily convert avi or other popular video formats(such as youtube
flv, mpg, xvid, divx, mp4, 3gp, mkv, rm, rmvb, mov, wmv, ogm, ts etc.)
to dvd or ISO image file.
b. support srt, sub, ssa, ass, smi, psb, tex, idx subtitles
c. support dvd menu with background music, with a lot of templates
d. support download youtube and other video share website video, then
burn to dvd
e. support photo slideshow to dvd, more than 300 kinds of effects.
f. easy to use, only a few clicks,

you can download this program FREE:
http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_vi...thor/index.htm