Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Extreme PC

Extreme PC

Nick Rennie

Hi,

Anyone dealt with Extreme PC before? In Auckland. Any good? Looking at
getting an LG monitor. They have it at about $80 cheaper than Ascent, who I
usually buy from.

Thanks,

Nick

Stephen Worthington

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:16:10 +1200, "Nick Rennie" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Anyone dealt with Extreme PC before? In Auckland. Any good? Looking at
>getting an LG monitor. They have it at about $80 cheaper than Ascent, who I
>usually buy from.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Nick

What about the shipping cost? Ascent includes it in the price, and
most other shops do not. On a monitor, it could be quite a bit.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarweb "Bobs" typed:
> Nick Rennie wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anyone dealt with Extreme PC before? In Auckland. Any good? Looking
>> at getting an LG monitor. They have it at about $80 cheaper
>> than Ascent, who I usually buy from.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Nick
>>

> Well, never used them online but their store is only 10 minutes up the
> road. They're ok - just the usual computer shop from my experience.
> Pretty good prices though.

I went up there with a mate to advise him and ended up walking out with a
CPU cooler and a case for myself. I agree, their prices seem reasonable
although I wasn't impressed that they kept us standing around for maybe 30
minutes. (One guy takes the order, another fills it, then passes it to
another who does the till/EFTPOS...)

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Seagull

"Nick Rennie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g37obu$qn6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Anyone dealt with Extreme PC before? In Auckland. Any good? Looking
> at getting an LG monitor. They have it at about $80 cheaper than Ascent,
> who I usually buy from.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick

I have bought several items, mainly at the shop but last week I purchased a
monitor on line and their price, processing and delivery were excellent.
I have never had to return anything under warranty and that, of course, is
the acid test.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <g388dl$t29$(E-Mail Removed)>, Seagull did write:

> I have never had to return anything under warranty and that, of course, is
> the acid test.

Actually, no, the acid test is never having to return anything at all.

Bobs

On Jun 18, 12:50 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In article <g388dl$(E-Mail Removed)>, Seagull did write:
>
> > I have never had to return anything under warranty and that, of course, is
> > the acid test.

> Actually, no, the acid test is never having to return anything at all.

How? It's usually not the shops fault they got a dud bit of hardware.
As long as they replace it with little hassle I would not think any
less of them.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>, Bobs
did write:

> On Jun 18, 12:50 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
> central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
>
>> In article <g388dl$(E-Mail Removed)>, Seagull did write:
>>
>> > I have never had to return anything under warranty and that, of course,
>> > is the acid test.

>> Actually, no, the acid test is never having to return anything at all.

> How? It's usually not the shops fault they got a dud bit of hardware.

So what difference does it make, exactly, whether the dudness surfaces
during the warranty period or not?

Bobs

On Jun 18, 12:51 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, Bobs
> did write:
>
> > On Jun 18, 12:50 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
> > central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:

> >> In article <g388dl$(E-Mail Removed)>, Seagull did write:

> >> Actually, no, the acid test is never having to return anything at all.

> > How? It's usually not the shops fault they got a dud bit of hardware.

> So what difference does it make, exactly, whether the dudness surfaces
> during the warranty period or not?

Because you are implying it's the fault of the shop if the hardware
shits itself. 90% of the time its crap from the fabrication plant. I
don't think Extreme PC handpick their **** from the fab plant.

Fantail

On Jun 18, 1:42*pm, Bobs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Because you are implying it's the fault of the shop if the hardware
> shits itself. 90% of the time its crap from the fabrication plant.

He may be referring to the practice of putting returned hardware
straight back into stock. The only way that shows up is in the number
of duds from the retailer.