Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: How to find a wireless routers IP Address

Re: How to find a wireless routers IP Address

Lem

James Landon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a linksys wireless router set-up in the office and I need to know
> what the IP Address is. I kow the router is on our network but i'm not sure
> how to go about finding the IP. What are the steps that I need to take in
> order to find this out? Any help you can provide would be great!
>
> Thanks
> James

1. Ask the person responsible for administering your office network.

2. Assuming that this is the only router in the network and further
assuming that you have a computer that is connected to the network, then
open a command prompt window and type "ipconfig /all" without quotes and
press Enter. The IP address listed as your "Gateway" should be the router.

--
Lem -- MS-MVP