Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: Writing CPU Emulator in C++ language

Re: Writing CPU Emulator in C++ language

Matthias Buelow

Immortal Nephi wrote:

> The pointer to function table is the fastest performance, but switch table is
> little slower.

Source? I would think it's the other way round.

James Kanze

On Jun 16, 2:32 pm, Matthias Buelow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Immortal Nephi wrote:
> > The pointer to function table is the fastest performance,
> > but switch table is little slower.

> Source? I would think it's the other way round.

I would think it would depend on the compiler, the degree of
optimization requested, and the underlying architecture.