Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > [OT] Is anyone around from "the old days" ?

[OT] Is anyone around from "the old days" ?

weyounthedancingborg@gmail.com

Is Plato, Thor etc still around here?

sandy58

On Jun 16, 11:40 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Is Plato, Thor etc still around here?

WHAT "old days?

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk

On Jun 16, 11:40*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Is Plato, Thor etc still around here?

I haven't seen Thor for a long long time.

if you search on www.google.com/groups for author:Thor

you will see that.

I don't remember Plato much but I see he is still around elsewhere.

If you search for plato, you see there is a plato that posts to
24hoursupport.helpdesk and a windowsxp general newsgroup.
in the past a little in aus.computers and alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt

You can check the EM, it's the same Plato as was here.

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk

On Jun 16, 3:15*pm, sandy58 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 16, 11:40 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Is Plato, Thor etc still around here?

> WHAT "old days?

the days you didn't need glasses

sandy58

On Jun 16, 9:06 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 16, 3:15 pm, sandy58 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 16, 11:40 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > > Is Plato, Thor etc still around here?

> > WHAT "old days?

> the days you didn't need glasses

SORRY, COULD YOU "UP" YOUR FONT SIZE. I CAN'T FIND MY GLASSES.

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk

On Jun 17, 8:59*am, sandy58 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 16, 9:06 pm, "(E-Mail Removed)"
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > WHAT "old days?

> > the days you didn't need glasses

> SORRY, COULD YOU "UP" YOUR FONT SIZE. I CAN'T FIND MY GLASSES.

nope,
but you could try the windows magnifier
start..run..magnify

note: I had to look that one up, I don't think it existed in windows
3.1 ! (when I would have tried every EXE in the windows directory, and
there weren't -too- many).. I see from the icon,
(start..programs..accessories...accessibility...ma gnifier) , this
particular thing was is in c:\windows\system32\magnify.exe

weyounthedancingborg@gmail.com

On Jun 16, 3:15*pm, sandy58 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 16, 11:40 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Is Plato, Thor etc still around here?

> WHAT "old days?

1997-2000ish I think.

I just popped in to say, back then I used to "help" here (usually with
very bad spelling) - but now I'm an IT Techy \o/

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk

On Jun 17, 11:16*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Jun 16, 3:15*pm, sandy58 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 16, 11:40 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > > Is Plato, Thor etc still around here?

> > WHAT "old days?

> 1997-2000ish I think.
>
> I just popped in to say, back then I used to "help" here (usually with
> very bad spelling) - but now I'm an IT Techy \o/

that doesn't explain why you stopped.

Are you claiming to be Thor ?

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

On Jun 17, 1:21*pm, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jun 17, 11:16*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > > WHAT "old days?

> > 1997-2000ish I think.

> > I just popped in to say, back then I used to "help" here (usually with
> > very bad spelling) - but now I'm an IT Techy \o/

> that doesn't explain why you stopped.
>
> Are you claiming to be Thor ?

-_0

No, I was asking if Thor or Plato still posted here. They used to
post quite a lot when I was here all those years ago. I popped in to
say hello since I've not been here for a long time and was wondering
if they were still around.

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

> No, I was asking if Thor or Plato still posted here. *They used to
> post quite a lot when I was here all those years ago. *I popped in to
> say hello since I've not been here for a long time and was wondering
> if they were still around.- Hide quoted text -

Perhaps I wasn't clear so I'll add some info here:

I used to post here in alt.computer many years ago, when those two
were around (Thor and Plato). Back then, IT was just a hobby. I've
resubscribed because after all that time, I've actually landed a real-
life job in IT now and I was popping in to say hi to the old members -
but I don't recognise any of the posters here, hence my question