Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Tony - Video resizing guide

Tony - Video resizing guide

Carlos

Tony,
This is a step by step guide for resizing videos.
Install VirtualDub x86 and run it once.
Install ffdshow 32-bit.
Run VirtualDub.
Click on File, Open Video File and choose the file you want to "upsize".
Now click on Video, Filters...
Click on Add, choose resize and click Ok.
In the Relative box choose the upsizing percentage, let's say... 200.
Click Ok twice.
Click on Video, Compression...
Choose ffdshow Video Codec, click Configure.
Click the "Encode" tab and choose XViD as the Encoder.
Click Ok twice.
Click on File, Save As Avi, choose the Save folder and click on Save.
Wait until the resized file is generated.
That's the way I did it to resize a 320x240 video to 960 x 720
An interesting link for video guides and news is www.videohelp.com

Carlos

Tony Sperling

Sorry, been busy with my notebook all day!

Wow, this looks comprehensive in a 'round-about' way, something even I can
understand. Thanks a lot, Carlos! And - if I'm not mistaken, MPC will
convert back to MPEG just by renaming, right?

(The app (actually ElectricSheep!) will only handle mpeg's, I'm afraid.)

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony,
> This is a step by step guide for resizing videos.
> Install VirtualDub x86 and run it once.
> Install ffdshow 32-bit.
> Run VirtualDub.
> Click on File, Open Video File and choose the file you want to "upsize".
> Now click on Video, Filters...
> Click on Add, choose resize and click Ok.
> In the Relative box choose the upsizing percentage, let's say... 200.
> Click Ok twice.
> Click on Video, Compression...
> Choose ffdshow Video Codec, click Configure.
> Click the "Encode" tab and choose XViD as the Encoder.
> Click Ok twice.
> Click on File, Save As Avi, choose the Save folder and click on Save.
> Wait until the resized file is generated.
> That's the way I did it to resize a 320x240 video to 960 x 720
> An interesting link for video guides and news is www.videohelp.com
>
> Carlos

Carlos

Tony,
Nope, avi to mpeg is not that simple.
Don't have anything in my bag of tricks right now but if you google for
"avi2mpg" you will surely find something.
Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> Sorry, been busy with my notebook all day!
>
> Wow, this looks comprehensive in a 'round-about' way, something even I can
> understand. Thanks a lot, Carlos! And - if I'm not mistaken, MPC will
> convert back to MPEG just by renaming, right?
>
> (The app (actually ElectricSheep!) will only handle mpeg's, I'm afraid.)
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Tony,
> > This is a step by step guide for resizing videos.
> > Install VirtualDub x86 and run it once.
> > Install ffdshow 32-bit.
> > Run VirtualDub.
> > Click on File, Open Video File and choose the file you want to "upsize".
> > Now click on Video, Filters...
> > Click on Add, choose resize and click Ok.
> > In the Relative box choose the upsizing percentage, let's say... 200.
> > Click Ok twice.
> > Click on Video, Compression...
> > Choose ffdshow Video Codec, click Configure.
> > Click the "Encode" tab and choose XViD as the Encoder.
> > Click Ok twice.
> > Click on File, Save As Avi, choose the Save folder and click on Save.
> > Wait until the resized file is generated.
> > That's the way I did it to resize a 320x240 video to 960 x 720
> > An interesting link for video guides and news is www.videohelp.com
> >
> > Carlos

Tony Sperling

Well - perhaps Linux can provide something along that line? Thanks, anyway -
as long as we're moving foreward, eh?

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony,
> Nope, avi to mpeg is not that simple.
> Don't have anything in my bag of tricks right now but if you google for
> "avi2mpg" you will surely find something.
> Carlos
>
> "Tony Sperling" wrote:
>
> > Sorry, been busy with my notebook all day!
> >
> > Wow, this looks comprehensive in a 'round-about' way, something even I

can
> > understand. Thanks a lot, Carlos! And - if I'm not mistaken, MPC will
> > convert back to MPEG just by renaming, right?
> >
> > (The app (actually ElectricSheep!) will only handle mpeg's, I'm afraid.)
> >

> > Tony. . .
> >

> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Tony,
> > > This is a step by step guide for resizing videos.
> > > Install VirtualDub x86 and run it once.
> > > Install ffdshow 32-bit.
> > > Run VirtualDub.
> > > Click on File, Open Video File and choose the file you want to

"upsize".
> > > Now click on Video, Filters...
> > > Click on Add, choose resize and click Ok.
> > > In the Relative box choose the upsizing percentage, let's say... 200.
> > > Click Ok twice.
> > > Click on Video, Compression...
> > > Choose ffdshow Video Codec, click Configure.
> > > Click the "Encode" tab and choose XViD as the Encoder.
> > > Click Ok twice.
> > > Click on File, Save As Avi, choose the Save folder and click on Save.
> > > Wait until the resized file is generated.
> > > That's the way I did it to resize a 320x240 video to 960 x 720
> > > An interesting link for video guides and news is www.videohelp.com
> > >
> > > Carlos

Carlos

Tony,
There is no actual need for resorting to Linux.
A simple google search for "avi2mpg freeware download" took me here:
http://encoderx.co.uk/video/
Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> Well - perhaps Linux can provide something along that line? Thanks, anyway -
> as long as we're moving foreward, eh?
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Tony,
> > Nope, avi to mpeg is not that simple.
> > Don't have anything in my bag of tricks right now but if you google for
> > "avi2mpg" you will surely find something.
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Tony Sperling" wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, been busy with my notebook all day!
> > >
> > > Wow, this looks comprehensive in a 'round-about' way, something even I

> can
> > > understand. Thanks a lot, Carlos! And - if I'm not mistaken, MPC will
> > > convert back to MPEG just by renaming, right?
> > >
> > > (The app (actually ElectricSheep!) will only handle mpeg's, I'm afraid.)
> > >

> > > Tony. . .
> > >

> > > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "upsize".

Tony Sperling

You may be right, Carlos. I managed to dig out a 'Perl' (Pathetically
Ecclectic Rubbish Language!) script that would do it on any platform. On the
other hand, I think I got me a 'Ulead' DVD with my TV card, and that may
have the function built-in?

I think I may prefer not using scripts for this specific job - on the other
hand, again, I wouldn't mind an excuse for having to install 'ActiveState'
once more.

Well, it's my machine and I can do both as I wish, can't I?

Tony. . .

news(E-Mail Removed)...