Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Trouble writing to EventLog

Trouble writing to EventLog

Eric Johannsen

My aspx page can not write to the EventLog "Requested registry access is not
allowed". I have read the posts about ASPNET not having access to create
new event sources, so I created a little installer that pre-creates the
event sources. That installer writes a test entry to the event log for my
source so I can see that it has been created.

Still, the aspx page fails to write to the event log.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

TEST CODE:

btnWriteEventLog_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
EventLog log = new EventLog();
try
{
log.Log = "MyLog";
log.Source = "MySource";
log.WriteEntry("Test", EventLogEntryType.Information);
}
catch (Exception E)
{
string s;
s = E.Message; // E.Message contains: "Requested registry access is
not allowed"
}
}

Writing to the EventLog MattC ASP .Net 6 11-02-2004 10:47 PM
Writing to Windows EventLog omoore Perl 0 08-20-2004 01:56 PM
Q : Error While Writing to CUSTOM EventLog Marauderz ASP .Net 2 07-28-2004 06:34 AM
Writing to eventlog from asp.net Anders Both ASP .Net 3 02-23-2004 10:35 PM
Writing Events using System.Diagnostics.EventLog... David Conorozzo ASP .Net 5 12-15-2003 04:43 PM

Advertisments