Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Configuration files

Configuration files

Robert

What is the most Pythonic way to maintain a configuration file?
Are there any libraries mimicking registry / ini file writing that many
windows programming languages/environments offer?

Robert

Daniel Fetchinson

> What is the most Pythonic way to maintain a configuration file?
> Are there any libraries mimicking registry / ini file writing that many
> windows programming languages/environments offer?

Check this out: http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/configobj.html

Cheers,
Daniel

TheSaint

On 04:11, domenica 15 giugno 2008 Daniel Fetchinson wrote:

> Check this out: http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/configobj.html

Let me add:
cfgparse, iniparse
I've look at all to find a simple solution for my interest, but I realized
not a good result.
I'm using three of them ConfigParser, cfgparse and optparse. Just to let read
a configuration file and let user to subclass option at the console.
If I'll get experienced by cfgparse I think I'll drop ConfigParser, because
I'd like the idea to override file rules on console.
--
Mailsweeper Home : http://it.geocities.com/call_me_not_now/index.html

Robert

Does ConfigParser allow writing configuration changes also?

"Dennis Lee Bieber" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...