Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Retrieving values from DataGrid row in edit mode.

Retrieving values from DataGrid row in edit mode.

Mark Davidson

Hi,

I have a datagrid with template columns. Everything is OK except that when I put any of the row in edit mode and try to retrieve the new values, I get the old values instead of the new ones. The line of code in UpdateCommand handler of the grid is:

strUserID = CType(e.Item.FindControl("txtUserID"), TextBox).Text

I also tried the following but no luck:

strUserID = CType(e.Item.Cells(2).FindControl("txtUserID"), TextBox).Text

and

strUserID = CType(e.Item.Cells(2).Controls(0), TextBox).Text

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Mark