Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: APC smart ups 600

Re: APC smart ups 600

RL

thing wrote:
> I have old one one of these but its dead....I tried to charge the sealed
> 12v batteries overnight but I am getting nothing so....I am reluctant to
> buy two new batteries in case the unit itself is dead....does it need
> power in the batteries in order to come to life? I think some of the old
> ones did....ie can I connect up a couple of car batteries to give 24v
> long enough to see if it switches on?
>
> Best place to buy two batteries if this works? Jaycar?

I need considerably larger and more expenaive batteries for my UPS
(1400VA). A while ago I was recommended M+H Power in Albany, where I
took the old batteries, which were connected together, and they set the
new batteries up for me in the same configuration, for a fraction of
what it would have cost to buy the APC part (About 1/3 the price from
memory).

http://www.mhpower.com.au/

RL

Re: APC smart ups 600 Enkidu NZ Computing 0 06-14-2008 01:34 AM
Re: APC smart ups 600 EMB NZ Computing 1 06-13-2008 10:51 PM
APC UPS USB as "Unknown Device" edavid3001@gmail.com Computer Information 6 09-11-2007 08:08 PM
APC UPS and Serial to USB Cable george.bozovic@gmail.com Computer Information 0 07-29-2007 06:49 AM
Forsale APC Back-UPS PRO BP1400 Pacman Computer Information 0 02-22-2006 03:44 PM

Advertisments