Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > <customErrors

<customErrors

Arne Garvander

I have <customErrors .. in my web.config but the redirect does not kick in.
What am I doing wrong?
<customErrors defaultRedirect="Error.aspx" mode="On">
<error statusCode="404" redirect="Filenotfound.aspx"/>
</customErrors>
--
Arne Garvander
Certified Geek

Alexey Smirnov

On Jun 13, 6:48*pm, Arne Garvander
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have <customErrors .. in my web.config but the redirect does not kick in..
> What am I doing wrong?
> <customErrors defaultRedirect="Error.aspx" mode="On">
> * * * * * * * * * * * * <error statusCode="404" redirect="Filenotfound.aspx"/>
> * * * * * * * * </customErrors>
> --
> Arne Garvander
> Certified Geek
> Professional Data Dude

Arne

I suppose 404 is not working? If you call that page with the full URL
at http://servername/Filenotfound.aspx, does it work?

Arne Garvander

I can go there directly. The automatic redirect does not work.
--
Arne Garvander
Certified Geek

"Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

> On Jun 13, 6:48 pm, Arne Garvander
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I have <customErrors .. in my web.config but the redirect does not kick in..
> > What am I doing wrong?
> > <customErrors defaultRedirect="Error.aspx" mode="On">
> > <error statusCode="404" redirect="Filenotfound.aspx"/>
> > </customErrors>
> > --
> > Arne Garvander
> > Certified Geek
> > Professional Data Dude

> Arne
>
> I suppose 404 is not working? If you call that page with the full URL
> at http://servername/Filenotfound.aspx, does it work?

Alexey Smirnov

On Jun 13, 8:58*pm, Arne Garvander
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I can go there directly. The automatic redirect does not work.
> --
> Arne Garvander
> Certified Geek
> Professional Data Dude
>

> "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:
> > On Jun 13, 6:48 pm, Arne Garvander
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > I have <customErrors .. in my web.config but the redirect does not kick in..
> > > What am I doing wrong?
> > > <customErrors defaultRedirect="Error.aspx" mode="On">
> > > * * * * * * * * * * * * <error statusCode="404" redirect="Filenotfound.aspx"/>
> > > * * * * * * * * </customErrors>
> > > --
> > > Arne Garvander
> > > Certified Geek
> > > Professional Data Dude

> > Arne

> > I suppose 404 is not working? If you call that page with the full URL
> > athttp://servername/Filenotfound.aspx, does it work?- Hide quoted text -

So, what do you get when you go to http://server/pagedoesnotexist.aspx?
A blank page, an error... etc?

Try to get rid of defaultRedirect="Error.aspx" to see if it 404 would
work, or not (maybe you have an exception somethere, or a redirect in
case of an error). Check if path of redirect is correct, change it to
"~/Filenotfound.aspx", or "~/DIR/Filenotfound.aspx"... If it doesn't
help, look at IIS, Application Configuration, properties for aspx
files in the Application Extensions and ensure that "Verify that file
exists" is unmarked.