Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > FreeWorldDialup down..?

FreeWorldDialup down..?

Ivor Jones

Anyone else using FWD having problems the last couple of days..? Since
Sipgate closed the back door I've been using them to terminate my US
IpKall number, but I'm getting "DNS error" from my Fritz!Box log and the
website www.freeworlddialuo.com is unreachable.

What's going on..?

Ivor

Ivor Jones

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:
: Anyone else using FWD having problems the last couple of days..? Since
: Sipgate closed the back door I've been using them to terminate my US
: IpKall number, but I'm getting "DNS error" from my Fritz!Box log and
: the website www.freeworlddialuo.com is unreachable.

Or even www.freeworlddialup.com

Ivor

mymail@hotmail.com

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:43:56 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
>unexplained reason:
>: Anyone else using FWD having problems the last couple of days..? Since
>: Sipgate closed the back door I've been using them to terminate my US
>: IpKall number, but I'm getting "DNS error" from my Fritz!Box log and
>: the website www.freeworlddialuo.com is unreachable.
>
>Or even www.freeworlddialup.com
>
>Ivor

I wonder why I am not surprised about this maybe like many companies
they have run out of cash or something ! .

mymail@hotmail.com

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:39:20 +0200, Arnulf Sortland <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> : Anyone else using FWD having problems the last couple of days..? Since
>> : Sipgate closed the back door I've been using them to terminate my US
>> : IpKall number, but I'm getting "DNS error" from my Fritz!Box log and
>> : the website www.freeworlddialuo.com is unreachable.
>>
>> Or even www.freeworlddialup.com

>The Jeff Pulver Blog is up:
>http://pulverblog.pulver.com/

Here it isn't
" Yikes, pulverblog.pulver.com isn't loading right now "is the message
I am getting on my screen .

Ivor Jones

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Me <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >In news:(E-Mail Removed),
: >Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange,
: >unexplained reason:
: >: Anyone else using FWD having problems the last couple of days..?
: >: Since Sipgate closed the back door I've been using them to
: >: terminate my US IpKall number, but I'm getting "DNS error" from my
: >: Fritz!Box log and the website www.freeworlddialuo.com is
: >: unreachable.
: >
: >Or even www.freeworlddialup.com
: >
: >Ivor
:
: It's fine here Ivor. Maybe it's time for you to change ISP?
:
: Me

It's ok *now* but it wasn't when I posted the message, it was up and down
like a yoyo.

What's my ISP got to do with it..?

Ivor

Ivor Jones

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Me <(E-Mail Removed)> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
: >What's my ISP got to do with it..?
: >Ivor
:
: Possible problems with their DNS servers - if the website was working
: for other people at the time you had problems - which appeared to be
: the case.
:
: Me

Well all other websites were working for me, as were the four other VoIP
operators set up here.

Ivor

Soruk

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:30:01 +0100, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone else using FWD having problems the last couple of days..? Since
>Sipgate closed the back door I've been using them to terminate my US
>IpKall number, but I'm getting "DNS error" from my Fritz!Box log and the
>website www.freeworlddialuo.com is unreachable.

I've got SipGate and Tesco for incoming PSTN calls. I also have ekiga.net
registered on my Trixbox. (yes, I've disabled that notorious cron job.)

Ekiga is still open, I've got my IpKall number pointed to that. It's also
completely free.

Not quite what you were looking at, but might be of use for your IpKall
number?