Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Finding a sense of word in a text

Finding a sense of word in a text

Sengly

Dear all,

This might be off group but I am looking for a python library that can
help me to find a sense of a word in a text and eventually a list of
synonyms of that term. I searched the web and found one but it is
written in perl (http://www.d.umn.edu/~tpederse/senserelate.html)

I appreciate any pointers.

Thank you before hand.

Kind regards,

Sengly

Piotrek Byzia

On 11 Cze, 19:10, Sengly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> This might be off group but I am looking for a python library that can
> help me to find a sense of a word in a text and eventually a list of
> synonyms of that term. I searched the web and found one but it is
> written in perl (http://www.d.umn.edu/~tpederse/senserelate.html)
>
> I appreciate any pointers.

Search for terms like text mining and NLP.

PB

Sengly

Thank you. I have tried but no luck

Regards,

Sengly

Peter Otten

Sengly wrote:

> Thank you. I have tried but no luck

NLTK, maybe? Searching for "synonym" within nltk.org gives

http://nltk.org/doc/en/words.html

Peter

George Sakkis

On Jun 11, 1:10 pm, Sengly <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> This might be off group but I am looking for a python library that can
> help me to find a sense of a word in a text and eventually a list of
> synonyms of that term. I searched the web and found one but it is
> written in perl (http://www.d.umn.edu/~tpederse/senserelate.html)
>
> I appreciate any pointers.

http://osteele.com/projects/pywordnet/examples.html

HTH,
George

Sengly

Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate your suggestion.

But still, I could not find a simple way using wordnet since each term
might have several part of speech and each one of them can have many
senses. What I want is simply the list of synonyms of each term with
their popularity score in English text.

Once again, thank you.

Best regards,

Sengly