Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > html string to ms word document

html string to ms word document

Terry

Hello,
I'm having issues with writing html string to a bookmark in MS Word 2007. I
have a richtextbox control which returns HTML string, I would like to take
that string and put it into a MS Word document and formatted to HTML Tags. Is
this possible? And if so, can you point me in the right direction.

Thank you,
Terry

Alexey Smirnov

On Jun 11, 7:01*pm, Terry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
> *I'm having issues with writing html string to a bookmark in MS Word 2007. I
> have a richtextbox control which returns HTML string, I would like to take
> that string and put it into a MS Word document and formatted to HTML Tags. Is
> this possible? And if so, can you point me in the right direction.
>
> Thank you,
> Terry

Is this about Asp.Net?

As far as I know, Word generates hyperlinks automatically and doesn't
use HTML tags for that.

Terry

Do you know if there is a style sheet out there that can replace the html
tags with MS word formatting tags?

"Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

> On Jun 11, 7:01 pm, Terry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm having issues with writing html string to a bookmark in MS Word 2007. I
> > have a richtextbox control which returns HTML string, I would like to take
> > that string and put it into a MS Word document and formatted to HTML Tags. Is
> > this possible? And if so, can you point me in the right direction.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Terry

> Is this about Asp.Net?
>
> As far as I know, Word generates hyperlinks automatically and doesn't
> use HTML tags for that.

There are a variety of ways to export HTML to Word (and Excel) most of which
I've covered here:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExcelExport.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ExportPanel.aspx

Here are some good 3rd party options too in case you need more advanced
functionality:
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/AsposeWord.aspx
http://SteveOrr.net/reviews/OfficeWriter.aspx

--