Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > array problem

array problem

Banni

i want to know about some important question for 'o'level

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Banni <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>i want to know about some important question for 'o'level

If a hen and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half,
how many eggs can nine hens lay in nine days? Model this problem
using arrays. Extend the model so that the rates and target hens and
target days can be input at run time.
--
"Every intellectual product must be judged from the point of view
of the age and the people in which it was produced."

mark_bluemel@pobox.com

On 11 Jun, 08:39, (E-Mail Removed)-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> Banni <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >i want to know about some important question for 'o'level

> If a hen and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half,

how long will it take a fly in gumboots to wade across a barrel of
treacle?

(Well that's how my father always phrased the question...)

santosh

Banni wrote:

> i want to know about some important question for 'o'level

<http://c-faq.com/aryptr/index.html>

Keith Thompson

> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said:
>> On 11 Jun, 08:39, (E-Mail Removed)-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>,

>>> If a hen and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half,

>> how long will it take a fly in gumboots to wade across a barrel of
>> treacle?

> A fly can only be in one gumboot or the other, and can't wade across
> a barrel of treacle, either because it isn't strong enough to lift
> the boot or because the treacle has flooded in and ensnared the fly.

The gumboots are very small, and the fly is wearing 6 of them.

Nokia

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

>The gumboots are very small, and the fly is wearing 6 of them.

What if it is a hithoraxoid ?? Validate your input!!
--
"There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person
could believe in them." -- George Orwell

Keith Thompson

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) writes:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
>>The gumboots are very small, and the fly is wearing 6 of them.

> What if it is a hithoraxoid ?? Validate your input!!

Surely a hithoraxoid can still wear 6 gumboots.

(I googled the word. There was only one hit.)

Nokia