Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > mysql to sqlite

mysql to sqlite

Gandalf

I'm trying to convert mysql database to sqlite. is their any free tool
that does that?
I can convert my mysql db to XML file through phpmyadmin, will it be
easier to convert from XML to SQlite then from Mysql?

Gerhard Häring

Gandalf wrote:
> I'm trying to convert mysql database to sqlite. is their any free tool
> that does that?
> I can convert my mysql db to XML file through phpmyadmin, will it be
> easier to convert from XML to SQlite then from Mysql?

Did you look at http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ConverterTools ?

I'd try one of these if I need it. Otherwise it seems easier for me to
parse XML than to try out all the options of mysqladmin, which probably
still won't produce anything that can directly be fed to sqlite3.

It would be a nice programming exercise. Hint: You can pretty safely
ignore all type information you get from MySQL, because types in SQLite
depend on the inserted values, and not the table definition.

-- Gerhard

Ruby sqlite/gem error: Could not load sqlite adapter jhs408@gmail.com Ruby 4 04-18-2009 12:53 AM
database persistence with mysql, sqlite coldpizza Python 10 09-27-2007 06:15 AM
Installing sqlite-ruby when sqlite is in non-standard location Carl Youngblood Ruby 1 04-09-2005 03:32 AM
mysql vs sqlite vs hsql stan k. Python 3 06-25-2004 04:22 PM
MySQL vrs SQLite Michael Python 14 05-07-2004 04:54 PM

Advertisments