Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > username and password prompt

username and password prompt

David C

We have an asp.net web site that is suddenly prompting us for username and
password (Windows login) and I need some help on where to look to fix it.
The default web site has directory security of both anonymous and windows
authentication checked. The default.aspx page simply does a Server.Transfer
to a specific website folder (virtual directory) but this has not changed.
We have some mixed web sites with windows only (intranets) and some external
ones as well. Where should I look to find out what is causing this?
Thanks.

David

subtile

you can enter a path for your windows autentication. If you dont the whole
app will demand windows login.. hence the prompt
--

Jesus Loves You

"David C" wrote:

> We have an asp.net web site that is suddenly prompting us for username and
> password (Windows login) and I need some help on where to look to fix it.
> The default web site has directory security of both anonymous and windows
> authentication checked. The default.aspx page simply does a Server.Transfer
> to a specific website folder (virtual directory) but this has not changed.
> We have some mixed web sites with windows only (intranets) and some external
> ones as well. Where should I look to find out what is causing this?
> Thanks.
>
> David

David C

What "path"...I do not understand your solution. Are you talking about the
web.config? Thanks.

David
news:(E-Mail Removed)...